Ch.2

As Mr. Smith was taking care of documents, Vilo looked at his new friend who he would have to soon betray.

   Sage was an excited guy. His eyes sparkled as he jumped all around the room. His smile seemed to light up the room.

   After Mr. Smith was done with the documents, he said: "Now, you, Silver, can go to Sage's room, since we haven't got any rooms without people. The two of you seem to be getting along just fine."

   "Yay!" Sage exclaimed happily. Vilo couldn't help but roll his eyes. The kid was getting annoying, despite the fact he was Vilo's age.

   After around fifteen minutes (jeez, how long!), the two - Sage and Vilo - had their room ready. Vilo's bed was silver, due to his fake name.

   "So, these are the books!" Sage exclaimed, happily. Vilo slowly looked at the huge bookshelf. "Isn't that a bit much?"

   "Of course not! There are all sorts of books. Most of them are focused on the history of demons. Wanna read? It could be useful since your training starts once the law accepts your request to join us."

   That caught Vilo's attention. He wanted to know more. What was his power? Each demon had a power, for all Vilo knew. But his hadn't appeared. It should have appeared when he was just twelve, but two years had already gone by. It didn't make sense. Was he a human, or was his power just a late bloom? That question had lived rent-free in Vilo's head for a single, long year.

   The thing is, Vilo knew almost everything about the human world, but nothing about where he came from. He had only one friend in the demon world. He was a royalty. One of the two. Legends said there was a third one, but such claims had been disproven.

   He hated his parents. When Vilo was young - about six or so - his parents sold him to the royals, believing he was crazy. That's how Vilo met his best friend. Unfortunately, the best friend had gone missing after an argument with the other royal, Aurelia. Since then, Vilo hadn't seen his best friend.