Ch.1

"You must serve a great purpose. Don't mess it up," were the words that echoed in Violet's mind. He had been tasked with the job of a spy, due to his unique power level. He would kill demon hunters one by one, and the demons would rise.

   In actuality, "demon" was a word created by the normal humans. A demon was just a human born with powers. There were a lot of demons. Some become demons themselves, some have demon parents, et cetera.

   Violet was born in the human world, yet he had demon parents who had a high image in the demon hierarchy. They were the guards of the royals. The royals weren't a family, they were simply strong demons who lived in the same palace.

   Violet opened his eyes, to find a boy looking at him. The boy had dark brown hair and light blue eyes.

   "Hello. You fell on our doorstep. How did you get there?" the boy asked. He was the same age as Violet, possibly a little older. His owlish eyes seemed very curious.

   "I don't remember," Violet said. The statement was partly true. He believed he was meant to be there, where he was, yet he couldn't remember why. Was this the place he was meant to betray? That idea seemed absurd, yet true.

   "Is it true your name is Silver? That's what was written on your ID."

   Violet was bemused. He was pretty sure his name was Violet. Why did the royals completely change his name? "Yeah, I'm Silver. You can call me Vilo, though! What's your name?"

   The kid paused for a second. Then he spoke: "Sage. Hello, by the way."

   "You already said that."

   "Then you should have said it too. I didn't hear you say it, so I automatically assumed I hadn't said it."

    Violet found Sage annoying and dumb. But at the same time, he was kind of funny. Telling that to him would be kind of offensive, though, since Sage probably wasn't trying to be funny.

   "He woke up!" Sage yelled, looking out the door. Slowly but surely Violet heard footsteps arriving.

   A man walked in. He had ash blonde hair and forest green eyes. His skin was patchy - he was vitiligo. When he started speaking, he had a light Scottish accent: "Hello. How did you end up on our porch?"

   "I wanted to join you all, demon hunters, I believe."

   "How did you know we're demon hunters?"

   "It's quite obvious. Whenever there's a demon, everyone goes hunting for them from your direction," the words spilled out of Violet's mouth. He was surprised that he could make stuff up so easily. "I think that you'd need to conceal yourselves better. Otherwise, demons might start attacking this place."

   The ash-blond stayed quiet. Then he spoke: "From now on you will call me Mr.Smith. Welcome to the training camp."