I just wanna dance

Chapter 14
[real life]

I wake up with a smile on my face. I've been doing that a lot since being with Paige. Even on the nights I'm not with her, I still go to sleep with a smile and I find that it's still there when I wake up.

"What are you so happy about?", I hear a raspy voice come from behind me.

I turn around to face Paige who tiredly smiles at me when our eyes connect.

"Just happy in general", I say softly.

"I love you", she says as she brings her left hand up to rest on my cheek.

"I love you", I answer back as I feel her begin to rub circles into my skin with her thumb.

We stayed there in peaceful silence for a few minutes before it was time to get up. Paige had practice this morning and I had already made her late twice this week.

We went to the bathroom and brushed our teeth and hair before getting dressed. Paige put on the practice jersey and shorts while I changed into my Nike shorts and a pink lululemon tank top. Throwing one of Paige's basketball sweaters with her name and number on the back over my outfit.

I grabbed my keys and we made our way downstairs to my beautiful car. Which had finally arrived after nearly an entire school year of being late. I had an infinity qx60 and it was my pride and fucking joy.

Paige hops in the passenger seat while I walk around to my spot behind the wheel.

"I just realized that I've never been in a car while you're driving", my girlfriend chuckles, strapping herself into the seat. "Kinda nervous"

"I'm not that bad. I just have a tiny speeding problem", I shrugged.

By tiny speeding problem I meant that I had severe road rage. Make me mad and I'll speed up til I pass you. Pretty sure I averaged about 15-20 tickets in my first year. No idea how I still have my license.

Paige throws me a pained smile and grips onto the door. I roll my eyes and slowly make my way out of the parking lot.

"WHAT IS THIS? A SUNDAY STROLL", I yell at the car in front of me that insisted on going 35 in a 45. "MOVE"

I get fed up with the speed we were going at and I speed up to try and get around this stupid Kia soul.

"Baby, please slow down", I hear from the passenger side.

I turn my head for a second to see Paige, terrified, gripping onto the seatbelt for dear life. I sigh and go around the doofus, flipping him off in the process before slowing down to 47 mph.

I hear Paige let out a breath and I reach my hand towards her, opening it for her to grab ahold of.

I see the blonde smile out of the corner of my eye and grab my hand, interlocking her fingers with mine. The moment she attaches her hand I pull it up to my mouth and kiss it gently.

Eventually we make it to Gampel and Paige quickly rips her seatbelt off and jumps out of the car. I roll my eyes and take the keys out, gathering my things and getting out of the vehicle.

I glance over at my girlfriend who is still standing by her door looking terrified. Clicking the lock button I walk over to Paige's side and grab her hand, dragging her inside.

"I wasn't that bad", I mumble after a few moments of silence.

"Yea, um I think from now on I just drive, love", the blonde smiles over at me.