Chapter 13

You all know people say 13 is an unlucky number right? :( wait until the end...

It had been a good 2 years since Alastor and Lucifer had put a label on their relationship and it's safe to say that all of hell was aware of what was going on between the king and the radio demon. They had gone on dozens of dates and had just as many squabbles, so not much had changed.

That morning Alastor had asked Lucifer out on one of their weekly dates, except things seemed a little off from usual, or maybe Lucifer was just paranoid. Alastor had been sneaking out more often, obviously lying about where he had been. For example, he said that he was down in the coffee shop meeting with Rosie, except it was out of opening hours. Or just small things Lucifer had a feeling he wasn't telling the truth about.

Alastor had also seemed quite nervous around Lucifer, giving him a little more affection than usual. He was especially nervous today. Lucifer had gotten ready for their date which was said to be at that park down the street where no one went, so it would be just him and Alastor, the way they both liked it.

Lucifer stepped down the stairs, looking over at Alastor who was well dressed, standing by the door and waiting for him. Alastor fixed the collar of his shirt, his expression obviously agitated. Lucifer approached him, smiling widely. "You alright? You seem warm." Lucifer put the back of his hand to Alastors forehead, he did feel a little heated up.

"Ah, oh no I'm fine, honey." Alastor smiled, cupping Lucifer's face and kissing him. Lucifer kissed back, pulling away to speak. "Alright, if you say so." Alastor opened the door, letting Lucifer step through first. Lucifer had a weird feeling about today, something was off but he couldn't tell what.

Obviously the king's mind raced to all the worst things, what if today was going to go terribly? What if Alastor had something horrible to tell him, maybe he's cheating, maybe he was going to break up with him. Lucifer managed to snap out of his focused state when Alastor moved some of Lucifers hair from his face.

"We're here, My king." Alastor smiled, sitting on a nice patch of grass as the light seemed to be getting dimmer, it was close to the sunset. "You know you don't have to call me that anymore." Lucifer chuckled, although he liked the nickname, sitting beside Alastor, leaning his head onto his shoulder.

"I know, I just like it. You're my king, right?" Alastor kissed Lucifers forehead, one arm holding Lucifer close as they looked out at the sun that slowly made its way to the horizon. "Of course, and you're my Bambi." Lucifer chuckled, seeing Alastors flushed cheeks.

"But erm.. on a serious note." Lucifers tone of voice changed, sitting up properly to face Alastor. "I've noticed you've been acting.. different. And I was only worrying, are you okay? Are we okay?" Lucifer asked, noticing Alastor seem to get more embarrassed, hot and bothered.

"Well, that what I was hoping, that we're doing okay." Alastor looked down at Lucifer, not seeming to know how to get his words out. "Alastor, what do you mean by that? Of course I think we're doing okay.." Lucifer thought for a moment, what if Alastor brought him here to break up with him? What if he fell out of love? Or worse, in love with someone else.

Alastor took a deep breath, taking Lucifers hands, their eyes locked onto eachothers. "Lucifer, you know I care for you deeply, and that's nothing I've felt since I was alive..." Shit.

"And I know you feel the same, I know that we are so called perfect for each other.. and I like the way things are going but..." Fuck, Lucifer knew this was going one of two ways, and he didn't know how to feel about either of those ways.

Alastor sat himself up a bit, propping himself on one knee as he took a deep breath. "Lucifer I think it's time..."

"Will you marry me, Lucifer Morningstar?"

Alastor pulled out a ring from his pocket, offering it to Lucifer. The ring had a gold band, but decorated with many red ruby's. Lucifers eyes welled up with tears, looking at the ring then back up at Alastor, holding back a sob when he nodded, grabbing the ring and pulling Alastor in for a tight hug.

"Of course I will, Al." Lucifer wiped away his tears as Alastor put the ring on Lucifers finger. "I love it." Lucifer smiled up at Alastor, kissing him. "But you know you're very bad at breaking news, right?" Lucifer chuckled through tears.

"What do you mean? Did you catch on so soon?" Alastor asked with a confused smile. "Not at all, I thought you were going to break up." Lucifer rolled his eyes, then looked back down at the ring that suited them both so well.

"Oh I would never." Alastor grinned, wrapping an arm around Lucifer as they both looked over towards the sun set.

"I asked Charlie for permission, by the way." Alastor chuckled. Lucifer grinned, looking at Alastor briefly. "Of course you have, you've gone soft, Radio Demon."

The number 13 represents the ability to manifest your desires and make positive changes in your life.