Chapter 2

Alastor and Lucifer never really got along, even though they may have a chat here and there, they always ended up squabbling over something small. It was early in the morning and everyone was already downstairs, in the kitchen. Charlie and Vaggie were putting out breakfast for everyone, just when Lucifer walked through the doors. "Slept late again?" Charlie asked with a smile, putting a plate down where Lucifer normal sits.

"As always, gotta get my beauty sleep~" Lucifer responded, he didn't seem to bother getting changed out of his sleep wear, as he was wearing red checkered pyjama pants and a plain white tee. He took his seat, leaning over the food, his mouth watering at the sight of the English breakfast. "No bother in changing?" Alastor was sat next to Lucifer, looking him up and down. Alastor was wearing his usual, the full red outfit with that same jacket.

"Got a problem with it?" Lucifer asked, reaching for his fork. "Oh, I was just thinking, out of all the people, I didn't think the king of hell would want to be seen in such a state." Alastor said casually, taking a mouthful of bacon. "I- Such a state? What do you mean by that?" Lucifer turned to look at Alastor just before he bit down on some egg. Alastor said nothing, just his usual grin as he glanced at Lucifer. "I'll have you know I look fabulous either way." Lucifer groaned, chewing on the egg as he huffed.

"And I'm sure you do, your heighness." Alastors voice had a sarcastic tone to it, but Lucifer wasn't going to give him the reaction he wanted and just decided to pout to himself while he ate.

Once everyone had finished their food, Charlie assigned them chores, asking a few people to help out cleaning and asked Lucifer and Alastors to wash the dishes. Lucifer collected the plates and cutlery, making his way to the sink. "Just don't speak a word to eachother and you'll be fine." Vaggie sounded displeased by the fact that they couldn't share the same oxygen without snapping at eachother.

Lucifer began scrubbing the plates, not even looking at Alastor as he stood with a cloth, ready to dry them. It wasn't long before Alastor sighed and spoke up. "Don't be so harsh, you'll scratch the plate." He said coldly, his grin tightening as Lucifer didn't change his pace. Alastor shoved Lucifer out of the way, taking hold of the plate. "You dry them, I wash them, since you seem incapable of washing." Alastor glared at Lucifer.

"Okay, control freak." Lucifer rolled his eyes, taking the plate from Alastor once he had washed it and wiped it down, putting it in a pile. They continued to wash the plates and cutlery, mostly just glaring at eachother every now and then. "Are you free at all today?" Lucifer muttered as he kept his eyes on the Plate he dried.

"Why? Wanna spend some quality time or something?" Alastor snarked, handing Lucifer another plate. "Oh don't flatter yourself, I just want to know when you want the second dose of angel blood, and I need to see how the wound is doing." Lucifer stared up at Alastor who didn't seem to look back at him. "I'm not doing anything after this, does that work well?" Alastor kept handing Lucifer the plates, not really looking at him, just at the task at hand.

"Works perfectly.. should I meet you in your radio tower or?.." Lucifer asked, putting away some of the stacked plates, opening the cupboard and bending over to put them away. Alastor only now looked down at Lucifer. "What's the big deal with just doing it quickly here?" Alastor paused the task and looked over at Lucifer, waiting for him to be ready to keep drying the plates. Lucifer held his hand out for another plate, looking up at Alastor.

"The big deal is I know you like to take your time and enjoy yourself, freak. So I don't think you want to do that with people you know around, and I especially dont want my daughter to witness the radio demon drinking my blood." Lucifer looked back at the plate he was drying, rambling on, although he had a few good points.