65

We stayed in London for a few days more.

Alex's vision started to improve. She said she could see some light and every now and then, would see some shadows and would even see our faces, though much blurry, but still, I'd say it's a big deal.

I have been updating Claire every day and she was relieved as well.

I met Mr. George, Alex's Dad, and her brother, Peter. 

Alex told them about me as soon as they arrived and Peter was gladly calling me his other Sister.

I was able to patch things up with Brian as well over the phone. Agatha or George must have told their close relatives and Brian called me about that.

He apologized and was more devastated about Alex's condition than the fact that she hid it from him. He wanted to come over but Alex told him we'd be coming home soon.

As we landed at the airport, Alex was put in the wheelchair and Peter was pushing her. 

At the arrival gate, Brian and Claire were there waiting for us, and as soon as they saw us, their smile grew wider.

"I'm glad you had a safe flight back." Claire hugged me. She also hugged Alex and said something I was not able to hear. Afterward, she nodded at everybody, acknowledging their presence.

"Al." I heard Brian say, his voice almost cracked and his eyes were brimming with tears but trying to fight them.

"Oh, come here, big baby!" Everybody laughed at what Alex addressed Brian.

He leaned over and hugged Alex. In her shoulder, we could hear him sobbing.

We all went straight to Alex's house. 

Initially, Agatha wants Alex to stay at their house but she is opposed to it, hard. Her Mom only agreed for her to stay at her own place on the condition that I would stay there with her, a nurse to take care of her needs and meds, and a visit that is unannounced.

Which of course as the first one, I was more willing to do.

As for the business, she can work from home but only for small cases, other than that, Brian would take care of the rest along with Mr. George.

I would still need to go to the office to work. I'm an intern and Alex insisted I need to at least complete it so my next employment would not be jeopardized by having a broken record.

"Okay, you're fed, you're clean, and your morning meds are already being prepped by Annie, what else?" I was tucking in Alex while I think what else I might have forgotten before I headed out to the office.

"A kiss."

I stopped and looked at the woman whom I loved so much. 

She was staring at me like she could see me completely.

I smiled at her.

"Don't worry I'm not forgetting that."

"Yeah, you better not. Come here." Alex grabbed my hand and pulled me into her. I almost landed on top of her but prevented it.

Alex looks so tiny now.

With her condition, she lost her appetite, dry skin, her hair started to lose, and her beautiful face fell more.

After her last chemo in London, I feel like she's getting worse, though the Doctor already told us that it did not work and the tumor is progressing fast, I was trying to be more positive.

Feeding her fruits and veggies, hydrating her, moving her feet and arms, kind of exercising her in bed as she was getting very weak, she could walk but needed someone to hold her so that she wouldn't fall.