14

Another week passed and I never had any encounter with Alex, I heard she was traveling and will be back Monday, which is today.

A week without her presence was surprisingly productive for me. I was not distracted though my mind won't stop thinking about her.

But knowing she will not appear out of nowhere, was kind of a relief for me. Especially when Brian was around. The whole office is now aware of our relationship, which is we are friends...

For you maybe, but not for him!

Yeah ok, the people know he has a thing for me, but they also know that I was not interested.

Some said I was being stupid, and some were fine with it as it means they could have a chance with him, some were just envious as his attention was just on me.

For a week, I never had lunch with him outside but whenever I was having my lunch upstairs, he would make sure that he was sitting with me.

He never open the topic where he will try to pursue me again or something, but with him always trying to be with me, I know he was still thinking of it but just scared to voice it out.

In a way, I was happy with him being in the office. I gotta admit, he's really fun to be with, he never fails to make me laugh, and there was no tension, no doubts, and no overthinking, unlike whenever Alex is here.

With Alex, I'll be constantly thinking about her, well... even when she was not here, I'll be constantly thinking about her,  but it's different. When I know that she's around, I always feel nervous.

When she would look at me, it confuses me. Just to be close to her, god, the tingling in my body won't stop. I would start sweating and feel nervous and I can't explain why.

She has that effect on me and I wish I know why.

You know, why!

Do I?

I like her! Ok, I admit, I like her!

Those brown eyes taunt me every night, her beautiful face was always in my dream, and those lips... those full lips that I sometimes wonder how it tastes.

Does this mean I am a lesbian now? I mean, I've never liked anyone even the opposite sex. Or even paid attention to any girls. In college, there are pretty girls that were openly gay or bisexual but I never felt what I am feeling with Alex right now toward any of those girls.

She just... She's different, how, I'm not sure.

Is this maybe why I don't feel anything for Brian? Because I'm into girls? 

But I just met Alex and as I said, I don't feel attracted to any other girls. Sure, I will find them beautiful, but that was it. 

But with Alex, she's beautiful but there's something more. I wanted more.

It was already three in the afternoon, I heard from my colleagues that Alexandra already came during lunch and was in her office ever since.

Oh, what I would do for her door to open and just to get a peek at her face.

And just like that, it's like the heaven above heard me, she opens her door and everything seems to move in slow motion.

She was wearing a black dress that is hugging all her curves, but instead of heels, she was wearing... Birkenstock sleepers? Then I notice she has a bandage just after her ankle.

What happened to her?

"David, I need someone, an intern or somebody." She has to yell a little bit as David was at the end of the room.