60

"What happened?"

"Cara?"

"Are you okay?"

"Talk to me, Cara!"

"Cara!"

I can hear Claire's voice like it was fading away in the background.

I suddenly feel numb.

I have no idea how much time has passed since I hung up the phone.

My vision is blurry, probably with the tears flowing non-stop. I could feel Claire shaking me on my shoulders, squeezing my hand, tapping my cheek but I couldn't seem to move.

I was like paralyzed and the only thing working In my system was my brain.

I wanted to talk but it was like my words were choking me and nothing was coming out.

My hand let go of the phone and I knew it fell on my bed.

Why can't I Move?

Why can't I talk?

I know I'm still crying, I'm feeling the pain but why can't I move even just a finger?

"Cara!"

"Please say something!"

I heard Claire calling my name again, begging me to talk and move.

She must be worried about me. She even sounded like she was crying too, but I couldn't see her.

Everything is blurry.

Her voice is still fading away and the voice of Alex's Mom echoing in my brain.

I felt like I was being pulled away like there was a black hole ready to swallow me anytime.

Then an image showed.

Alex!

She was smiling at me, calling my name. She held out her hand telling me to go with her. She's so pretty with that big smile of her.

I held out my hand trying to reach for hers but she seemed like she was being pulled away by that dark hole.

Alex!

I called out her name. I could hear her yelling out my name too, she was scared, she sounded so scared.

Alex!

Everything became dark, the dark hole finally swallowed me.

______________________________________

When I opened my eyes, everything was white, it was blurry, or is it cloudy, I couldn't really tell.

There was this weird hissing sound that goes in every beep.

Where am I?

"Oh, thank go you're awake."

I know that voice.

I looked on my side and there was Claire, looking so worried.

"Claire?"

"Oh, babe, Yes, it's me. How are you feeling?" She helped me sit up and handed me a plastic cup with a straw and gestured for me to drink. I obliged as my throat was so dry.

"What happened, Claire? Where am I?" I asked her handing her back the plastic cup.

"Tell me you're feeling fine, Cara. You got me so worried!" 

Claire looked like she did not stop crying, her voice was full of worries and her eyes were so sad.

"I'm- I'm fine, I think." I managed to say.