CH. 7: Guilt And Ignorance

Gwen's eyes flutter open as she moves her body to sit up on the cold floor. She let out a groan.

When her blurry vision restored, she looked around and only found out that she's in a small empty room with only a window on her right and a door ahead of her. The light is not that bright, it's enough to show what's in the centre of the room.

"How did I get here?", Gwen asks herself with a whisper.

Her eyes hardened as she tried harder to recall the situation.

"I enter the building alone and was trying to save-", her eyes widen, "-Sera."

The director wasted no time to get up on her feet and walk towards the door.

After taking the second step, she stumbled and nearly fell to the floor.

She is confused at first, and when she turns to see, it makes her feel worse than it already is.

Her right ankle is shackled to the wall.

"Oh, darn it," she cursed as she gritted her teeth.

Just then, the door swing open. It caught Gwen's attention, and she saw Cory walking in.

The female killer looked at her with satisfied expression, while the female director glared at her with hatred.

"It's nice to see you're awake already," Cory said as she stood a feet away from Gwen.

Gwen just stayed silent. If it wasn't for the shackle on her leg, she would already tackle the woman.

"Where's Sera?", she demand with a slightly gentle voice.

She doesn't have to lie to herself. Right now, the only thing that matters is her sister, nothing else.

When Cory just stays silent, Gwen clutches her teeth in anger.

"Where is she, damn it!", the director screamed in anger.

Cory is amused by the sight of Gwen in desperate.

"I assure you that she's fine," Cory chuckled.

Gwen is still not gonna believe this criminal

"In fact, there's something I want to discuss with you", Cory stated, turning a bit serious.

Gwen looked at her in silence for a second, "discuss?", she questioned, having a confused look.

"Yes", Cory replied, "I just want one thing from you", she added.

Gwen narrowed her eyes at the woman.

"And what is that?" she asked with challenging tone.

Cory grin once again, "the city's passcode", she stated.

Her words totally caught Gwen off guard as her eyes widen.

"W-what?", she gasped out.

Cory let out a single laugh, "well you heard me" she said, "the city's passcode", she repeated clearly.

"And what makes you think I know that?", Gwen asked, her eyes still narrowed at the raven haired woman.

Cory just chuckle, "oh please", she laughed, "you think I'm a fool, agent?", she asked and started to walk a little closer to the government director.

Gwen didn't even flinch or take a step back. She just stood still.

"I know all about you, Agent Frost", the assassin begin, "I've been watching you from the very beginning, even before you became a director", she revealed, "and that's how I knew that you have what we need".