Ch. 6: Captured

"This is not your sister".

Gwen stay silent for a moment, her expression turn confused and serious at the same time,and her eyes hardened.

"Who is this?", she asks, seriously and clearly.

Kyle who stand beside his partner heard her said that. He turn to look at her.

There's no answer for a while.

"Who else do you think, Director Frost?"

Gwen's body tensed after hearing that.

This person knows her identity. But at the same time, she reconised that voice from somewhere.

"Cory", she whisper.

And she heard the caller chuckle darkly. The female director look at Kyle who still looking at her.

"You got that right"

Cory sounds carefree as always.

"I'm just borrowing your sister's phone for a while as well as the owner, herself"

Gwen could feel her heart rate raised as she clutches her teeth.

"Where's Sera?", she demanded.

Just then, Dillian walk in and see that one of his boss is on the phone with someone, and his other boss look serious about it.

"Oh you don't have to worry, I'll take care of her for a little while longer"

Gwen look furious, "where is she?", she hissed.

Just then she got a notification from Sera's number.

Gwen quickly check up on it and see it's a photo of her sister lying unconscious on the cold floor.

The older sister look at the pictured with wide eyes, filled with horror.

She quickly place the phone againts her ear again.

"If you hurt her, I will-", she's about to threaten her enemy, but was cut off.

"If you don't want her to get hurt, then listen carefully on what I'm telling you what you must do"

Gwen stay silent as her heart ache when she heard that.

"I will give you 3 hours to arrive at the location I will give you, and I want you to come alone"

Gwen didn't say anything after hearing that. Just then another notification came. She look at it and see Cory had given her the location.

"Do anything stupid, your sister die before you could even see her"

With that the call ended.

"Hello?", Gwen called.

But she recieve no answer.

"Hello?!", she called again, "damnit!", She cursed as she pulled away her phone.

Cory's last statement is already killing her.

The female director is about to rush out of the room but Kyle grab her arm to prevent her from going anywhere.

"Hold on a second", he said to his partner.

Gwen turn to him as she break her arm free from his grip.

"What?!", she demand instead of asking. She didn't actually mean to yelled but she's too worried for her sister's safety.

"Just think about this for a moment", Kyle advised, "this could be a trap", he added.

Gwen knew he's right but time is ticking.