PART 6: Get up and accept

I am alone in the bedroom again.

Both Betty and Kerche have left.

It honestly is relieving to have some alone time after that entire breakfast thing.

Being alone, just lying on this bed in the silence of this room feels very comforting.

Its all interrupted when the door opens again.

this time, a butler, dressed neatly, his tailcoat and black hair shine formality.

He comes to me, one of his gloved hands in his pocket, adjusting his black bow tie with the other hand.

And I swear, every time any vampire in this castle approaches me, those crimson red eyes and pale skin intimidate me immediately.

He takes his hand out of his pocket and reaches to me.  

The butler helps me out of bed, to stand up.

"There, is everything good, pet?"

"... Yes, mister butler. Is Bastion back?"

He looks at me with a neutral expression.

"No, pet, he is not... master Bastion's affairs are taking longer than expected. My name is Halsey, head butler of the castle. I will be giving you the tour of the castle instead of master Bastion."

That was unexpected. Bastion promised me, but I guess he can't control everything...

But still, Bastion is the only person in this household I feel mostly comfortable with, I am scared that something can happen to me while the tour is happening.

Then again, I did promise myself I would try to adapt as a pet...

My bubble of thoughts is popped by Halsey snapping his fingers.

"Pet? Are you alright?"

I shake my head.

"No, mister Halsey... Am I allowed to adres you like that?"

He smiles a bit.

"Ah, I see Betty handled you quite well. Yes, pet, for me its fine, but you will have to listen to all of us individually. you must obey us all how we individually want."

I try to remain as polite and obedient as I can.

"Ok, mister Halsey, I will listen, there are nine staff members, right? I heard Betty mention it."

Halsey sticks his hand in the inner pockets of his tailcoat.

"There are indeed nine of us. Here, take this picture, its all of us so you can "meet" us in a way."

Halsey pulls a dusty looking photo out of his pocket and hands it to me:

I recognize three people.

The one in the middle is Halsey, he is standing right in front of me as I view the picture.