30. SLEEP

Adhira's POV

My house looks like a market. No no no, even the market is less messy than my house. Mamu mami and nani arrived two days ago, Sparsh bhaiya would be coming just two days before the wedding as he doesn't have enough holidays.

Some relatives from Dad's side who I've not even seen in the last 27 years. Yeah, since I was born hmph. They all are here trying to ingratiate themselves with the Royal family. I want to ask them where they were when we invited them to bhai's wedding. All of these hypocrites had concocted some type of excuse to avoid the wedding because they didn't want any ties with us. Look at them now.

I even asked maa to not invite them but you know the nobility of these parents. They always want to be at peace with every hateful person.

I'm not even allowed to show my scorn on my face but who can stop me? I let them know every instance that they are not invited and thankfully they are leaving tomorrow and would only come ten days later for the wedding.

That itself is too soon. Not only because I'll have to face these complaining mouths again, who are never satisfied with any arrangement, but also because I've been getting cold feet.

Yup I'm nervous, I mean I was the one who proposed but when it comes to the actual things I'm just as nervous as any bride could be. And even the pep talk I give myself isn't helping.

But there are still more than ten days until I actually get married, so the immediate reason for this nervous energy inside me is none other than the fact that it's my engagement tomorrow.

In less than 24 hours I'll be wearing his ring on my finger. Scratch that, make it 15 because it's already night. And yep I'm counting, sue me.

I don't even know why I'm this edgy, there's this tiny voice inside me that's screaming at me that how could everything go so well. And I've earnestly tried to stop that voice and failed.

Till two hours ago I was blaming that hunch on the fact that my dress won't be delivered on time but when it did, I had nothing to console myself with. So here I am drinking hot milk, because I can't drink hot chocolate, and lamenting.

“ Stop it Siya. It's getting on my nerves now. ” I heard Harshita speak and turned to see her spread on my bed.
“ Stop what? “
“ Those incessant sighs. It's irritating. ”
“ You—”
“ Me what? You know that it's not going to get you anywhere right? You'll just have shadows under your eyes if you don't sleep now. ”

Shit, shadows, oh god how could I forget it. And no I'm not worried that I'll get dark circles in one night. I'm worried because it's late and Shiv must be awake. How the hell could I forget it. I looked up my phone and saw it was already 11. How the hell did I forget about it? It's all my own fault.

Oh and make that 13 hours now. And no, I'm not hyperventilating.

“ Hey, where did you go? I'm still here. ” I didn't even know when she got in front of me and her hands resting on her hips suggested that she had been here for a while.

“ Harshu, you go back to your room. I have to sleep. ” I said as I finished the milk and passed the cup to her so she could keep it in the kitchen on her way out.

“ I'm sleeping here tonight. ”
“ No. ” Shit, did it come out like a shout? Yep, it totally did. Her eyes narrowed on me like she was trying to guess what I might be upto, don't let her find anything.

“ What's going on with you? Tell me now or I'm not leaving. ” She said as her arms folded across her chest, her eyes trained on me as if trying to get the answer through my face.