11. DATE

Adhira's POV

" You will do it right? " Harshita asked me again for the tenth time now.
And my answer was still the same, " Of course I would. Now don't worry and let me hang up, I'm busy. "

" Yeah. Bye bye. Thank you siya, I love you so much. " She hung up, and I finally got free..

Half an hour, that's how long she had been saying the same thing, " Please pick up my cousin for me. "
And even though I said yes, she refused to leave the subject as if my answer will change if she asks again.

Her cousin, Akshat is coming to Jaipur for a trip and my only task is to pick him up.
Thankfully my Monday's schedule ends during lunch and I'm free to pick him.

Classes have been going quite well and the students do ask questions, not just about their course but about their future too. The government incentives, different scholarships for Scholars or DST's summer camps or International training camps, everything.

Seeing them engaging in all of these is quite good, it's not everyday when the whole class is studying because they want to. Mostly, most of them study because they can't do anything else.

Out of all, three of them are most, you could say vibrant students.
Akriti Mahajan, Rahul Chaudhary and of course Aayansh Rajvansh.

I was just packing my things when a knock sounded in my cabin.
Knock knock.

" Come in. "
And speak of the devil, the devil is here.
Aayansh Rajvansh, I'm not calling him devil because he is bad but he is wired differently, kinda like Shiv used to be.

He'll zone out during the class but still know everything I said, he won't submit his assignments until the last minute but they would still be perfect.
I sometimes doubt if he even needs to study or he is just pretending to study as he already knows everything.

Sometimes he'll know the next topic even before me, like please let me feel like your teacher for once.

" I need to ask you something. " He said.
" Speak. "
I told him as I started to leave, he followed after me, I was already late and we could talk while leaving.

I locked my cabin and he stayed silent, as I said, zoned out. But he still followed me as I made my way out of the department.
He remained silent until we reached the parking lot and only spoke once I unlocked my car.

" I need some guidance on my paper. "
" Which one? "
" For my doctorate. " I never thought he'll pursue science any further, I was expecting him to get into family business like his brothers. But it's good too, he has the talent and he might just do some good to this field.

" Are you sure? Do you have any field in mind? "
" I'm confused between two, that's where I need your help. "
It happens, I too thought for months before deciding for my topic.
" Mail it to me. I'll see it. "

I looked at my watch and it was already 2. Akshat was supposed to arrive at 2:30, I was late, as always.
" But—. "
I interrupted his words as I was really in a hurry.

" I have somewhere to be Aayansh, just send me the mail. I'll correspond as soon as I can. "
I didn't wait for his answer before starting my car and leaving from there.

.

Just like I had thought he was already waiting for me when I reached the airport.
" I'm so sorry. I just got late. " I told him as we kept his bag in the car.

" It's okay, I just arrived. "
I knew his words were just him being polite, it was already 3:30, and waiting in this weather is pure torture.

As soon as I helped him to his hotel, we went to lunch at the restaurant nearby.
" So what are you doing these days? " He asked me as I drank my juice.