16. I WON.

Shivansh's POV

I am still not clear as to why I came here. When Mom asked my siblings about visiting Alwar, I was with them too.
Three of them were happy to be out of the palace for a few days and moreover they liked her family and this place.

She had asked me with hesitation, as if she knew I'll deny, and it was what I was supposed to do but then I couldn't stop myself when Mom announced that our friends would be there too.

I don't know why but the scene of Sarthak embracing her came to my mind and all I saw was red blurring my vision, I don't even remember saying yes, just her shocked expression and her words, " Pack your bags then. Relax this week, your father can manage the work. "

She told me and I didn't reply, work was the least of my worries. The day on the rooftop was the last I had been in her proximity. I didn't avoid her after that but something always kept me away.

I slept that night, without my pills, I don't remember the last time I was able to even take a nap without my pills, much less sleeping through the whole night. Waking next to her was something I had only dreamed of and that too I stopped when she left. Dreams come with sleep and that left me as soon as she did.

Her scent was still the same, the sandalwood and roses of her garden. It reminded me of the time we tended to her plants together, of the times I did it alone and now when she's doing it.

I don't know why but I refused to let her plants die, they were her friends more than just decorations. She used to talk to them, complain to them about me, and then tell me what she told them.
I don't know if she still does it.

She always was transparent when it came to me, never knowing privacy when it concerned us. Hell, I was the first person she told about her period. And she was embarrassed after that for two whole years.

I had thought many times how I would feel if I saw her again but none of my thoughts compared to what I really felt.
She was even more beautiful than she had been, her face had lost some of its childishness, her specs still sat against her nose, hiding her eyes but the still couldn't hide her

She was still a girl when she left, from mind to her body and while I'm not sure about her mind now, her body had definitely grown into a woman's.

I had to look away from her so that I wouldn't lose control. The control I've been proud of over the years snapped in an instant when she came before me.

Then that date, she was with that guy, I had gone to her college to pick her up when I learned she left an hour ago. It didn't take long to find her location but seeing her with a man, smiling while sipping her coffee, I knew it was coffee because she hates tea.

I'm still not sure how she managed to not scold me for it, if it was before then she would've thrown a tantrum at being interrupted.

Last night I knew she would be there, she always loved open spaces, even in the Palace her favourite place was the terrace, the majestic rooms of it were nothing compared to the terrace for her.

Seeing her dance again reminded me of how much I missed about her. She always was a great dancer but the grace she had last night was something you get once you get older, the elegance with which her feet moved or the magnificence of her expressions.

I was stunned when she asked me that question. It took me a second too long to come to my senses and that idiot managed to cook some really infuriating conjectures in her mind.

She is crazy to even think I never thought of her, the words were like an accusation, and I needed to eradicate such things from her mind. So I gave her the truth, unfiltered and the only truth.