Ch. 6: Painting of Revelations

Charlie and Emily had figured out the perfect activity for today... painting! It was fun, peaceful, and surely could never result in anything bad.

"Alright everyone. All we want you to do is how you feel. Anything can come to mind and it can show us a part of yourselves you might not have known you had." Charlie said.

It was a fairly peaceful activity, and surprisingly, Angel had a bit of a hidden talent when it came to painting.

And it was only better to watch as Angel used all four hands to paint the portrait.

He picked it up and showed it off. It was like something straight out of a museum.

"Angel, this is amazing!" Charlie said, smiling with sparkling eyes. "Why have you never told us you could paint so well!?"

"Well... growing up in the mafia family in the 30's, you aren't really meant to do things like this." Angel said, "The only thing we painted with was the ground with some dumb bastard's blood."

"So you secretly painted in private? Or just...learned to paint this well from killing?" Emily asked.

"No...a little but I did have a little art book in my room I painted in when I was alone in my room." Angel said, looking over his painting again. "So, what do you think?"

The painting looked like a woman in a robe or blanket, lying down with her arms crossed and eye shut as she was divided down the middle. One side was covered in a sort of mist/smoke while the other was covered in blood.

"It's... morbidly beautiful." Charlie said with a small bead of sweat.

"She's beautiful!" Niffty said with wide eye.

"Truly a masterpiece!" Alastor said.

"I'm almost afraid to ask but who is she?" Husk asked, looking over the woman.

'I can tell the smoke is either from drugs or guns and the red liquid is blood.' Husk thought.

"...It's my ma. One of the only two saints in my family." Angel said, giving a loving but sad smile to the painting.

"What was her name?" Emily asked.

"Isabella." Angel said, "Her and Molly were the best of the family."

"Molly? I... I know a Molly, and she does look like you." Emily said.

"You do?!" Angel asked, turning to Emily. "How is she doing? Is she eating right?! Please tell me!"

"She's doing fine!" Emily said quickly with her hands up. "The last time I saw her, Molly was doing perfectly fine. She always talked about her twin brother and how much she loved and worried about him. His name-"

"Anthony." Angel said, slowly crying with a smile. "My name was Anthony, and she always worried about me for being so reckless. Hehehe, I'm so happy she hasn't changed after all this time."

"When the video of the trial was released she said she was so proud of you." Emily said, "She said you've become the person she hoped you would become. She's always said she hoped to see you again, that's why I want this hotel to work, I want you to be reunited."

Angel Dust smiled even brighter from this, the brightest and most honest smile he had ever given to any of them as he wiped the tears from his eyes. He then did something shocking and hugged Emily.

"Thank you." he said.

Emily jolted from this before she smiled, slow wrapping her arms around Angel and hugging him back.

Charlie squealed in joy. This was so much different compared to who Angel was several months ago and she was so happy!

He had grown! He was taking the hotel more seriously, and maybe he was finally believing in himself that he CAN be redeemed! Even more so now that he had a clear goal, to see his sister again! Another person was surprisingly happy for Angel as she watched from the stairs, not joining everyone for today's activities. Even if she didn't know about it.

'Good on you, Angel. Your good side is growing.' Vaggie thought with a grin, glancing towards Charlie before frowning sadly.

Vaggie headed back upstairs... well, Emily wasn't having that, and followed Vaggie. When they were away from the others, Emily spoke.

"Vaggie?" She asked.

"I fucked up." Vaggie said, not looking back to Emily. "I was... I should've told her, but I'm so... ashamed of who I was!"

"Then tell her that." Emily said, "Actually explain to her instead of running away. It's Charlie, I've known her for a combined total of like two or three days and I can tell that she'll forgive you."

"She wouldn't let me speak, I know she wouldn't." Vaggie said, looking down.

"Fine... then don't speak. There's a saying, actions speak louder than words." Emily said, putting a hand in her chest. "Show her how much you love her."

Sadly, Emily didn't think about what that meant in hell... fortunately, it might actually work.

"Show her, huh?" Vaggie said, before smiling, "I think I have an idea."

Vaggie walked back downstairs and tapped Charlie on the shoulder. Charlie went stiff when Vaggie looked at her.

"Meet me in our room in ten minutes." Vaggie said, "We're fixing our relationship."

"Vaggie, we have nothing to talk about-"

"I know, that's why I won't say anything." Vaggie said, walking upstairs.

Everyone was left confused by this, turned to Emily as she came back into the room.

"What the fuck was that?" Husk asked.

"... I think she's taking my advice a bit... literal." Emily said.