Chapter 17

Y/n POV

"Well last night I did something bad." Paige says.

"And I don't think you will like what I did" She finishes, waiting for me to say something. I knew Paige did something really bad last night but no one would tell me what. I begged Azzi but she said I should find out from Paige. I then texted Riley after begging Azzi and she told me the full story. I don't know why Paige would beat up Ella so I guess that's what I'm finding out now.

"Okay, continue.." I say, sort of scared of what she might say.

"Well do you remember last night?" She starts.

I nod my head, telling her to continue.

"Well Ella, my ex... tried to do some things to you last night and I guess I really just lost my temper so I kind of sort of punched her a couple of times... but she also punched me back."  She says, hoping to make the last part sound not as bad.

"Paige first off I can deal with her myself and I don't need you sticking up for me but I appreciate it. Second off, this could ruin your career if it gets out. I don't care how much hatred you have towards me or her but you can't be doing those things." I say.

"I know and I'm really really sorry. I already told Geno too- Wait, you think I hate you?" Paige says, confused. Now I'm confused. All along I thought Paige didn't like me and was being nice sometimes but I guess my mind might change right about now.

"Well after Team USA and well that one time after the big east championship game..." I say,

"Yeah I'm sorry for that too. I guess I really just got in my head about the game. It's hard when all the pressure is on you" She says, referring to herself.

"Yeah I know, I totally understand where you're coming from. That's how it was at Depaul for me. I was always afraid to fail and disappoint people and I was only a freshman." I say, sort of dumping my feelings onto her.

"I'm sorry I should have asked you before I started ranting" I say with a chuckle.

"No, no, it's okay. I'm glad to hear someone relates to me." She says smiling.

"Friends?" I ask.

"Friends."

-

-

-

-

-

Flashback | Fiba U17 Games, 2018

Y/n POV

"Bro Aaliyah i'm not making a tiktok" I groan. I love Aaliyah, but she always has so much energy. Being roommates with her on this trip just makes it worse.

Aaliyah had been making tons of tiktoks recently since it just came out. I don't know why they removed musically but I guess tiktok is alright.

"Just one. Pleaseeee" She says with puppy eyes.

"Fine." I say rolling my eyes.

"Which one?" I ask curiously. I do know a lot of the dances and audios because every couple of nights I'll mindlessly scroll for hours.

"This one" She says, showing me her phone of 2 girls dancing to the song Bad Boy By Marwa Loud. (listen to the song it brings back memories)

"Wait not gonna lie, I've been wanting to do this one" I confess.

"Yeah who's miss anti tiktok now" Aaliyah says, propping up her phone. We were currently in Belarus for the games and the finals are gonna be held in Greece.