Chapter 15

Y/n POV

We are currently 5-0 and we play a game in exactly 1 week. Me and Paige talk, but rarely. All of the girls are keeping up with practices well and Aubrey is going to be back for March madness! I'm super excited to play with her again soon.

Right now I'm currently walking over to my psychology class. I'm planning on making a new friend today since I don't have friends that aren't athletes.

I walk in and sit down next to this girl. Riley I think her name was.

"Hey. Riley right?" I ask sitting down.

"Yeah and you're Y/n" she says.

"That's me" I say as we both laugh. The professor starts the class and we take notes. We learn more about each other whenever our professor isn't talking.

"You play basketball right?" I knew this question was coming.

"Yep I do." I say.

"No way I used to be friends with one of the players in high school!" She says excitedly.

"Whooooo?" I say. I'm actually interested now.

"Azzi Fudd." She says.

"Dude, that's literally my roommate." I say laughing.

"No way we should all hang out sometime that would be fun" She says. We exchange numbers and I head off back to the dorms. I was done with classes for the day and I had no homework so I was stress free for the day.

"Azzi you here?" I yell out as I enter the door.

"In the kitchen!" She yells back. I make my way over to tell her the story that just happened.

"Okay, do you know someone from high school named Riley?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

"Yeah I know her. She was super smart and we were chill. Why though?" She says in response.

"Well I became friends with her in psychology today and I told her we could hang out together if you're down?" I ask.

"Yeah that sounds fun but just so you know her best friend and Paige used to have a thing last year" Azzi said.

"Damn what happened?" I ask, curious.

"The best friend's name was Ella but anyways Ella thought that Paige cheated on her by kissing another girl but what really happened was that Paige got kissed. Paige didn't even kiss her back but Ella walked in right when it happened so it looked like she didn't push her away. She did push her away though but it was too late" Azzi finished.

"So some girl kissed Paige and Ella thought Paige kissed the girl?" I ask, trying to confirm everything.

"Yep and Paige was drunk so she didn't even know what was going on! Ella also went to high school with me and Riley so she had met her at a few of our aau tournaments. Apparently they kissed but they didn't get together til freshman year of college." Azzi says.

"Ella didn't even hear Paige out on what really happened" Azzi finishes.

"Damn, I hope Riley's not like that" I say. Suddenly I feel a vibration in my pocket. I reach for my pocket and then pull out my phone. Azzi looks at me as I do so.

"It's from Riley." I say.

"Do you want to go get food in an hour?" I read the text out loud.

"You wanna come?" I ask before responding to Riley.

"Yeah, it sounds fun. Where though?"

"Hmm I'll ask" I say before typing away on my phone.

text messages