Chapter 2: What's With All the Hair?

AN: The 'argument' between Rapunzel and Gothel has already happened. So, Gothel has already left to retrieve the shells, instead of just returning from getting food.

____________________________________________________________________
After what seemed like hours, I woke to something wet in my ear, and turned to see a lizard. It jumped and scurried off. My head was throbbing. I tried to rub my head to ease the pain, but I realized I couldn't. I was tied to a chair with some type of- wait a sec...is this...hair?!

If it was, it was really long. It snaked across the floor, up the wall, wrapped around wood posts, and led to a silhouette on the closet. I panicked. Have I been captured by Rider?! I thought as I began to struggle. But...the voice I heard wasn't the voice I'd imagined.

"Struggling...struggling is pointless!" The voice said. It came from a girl.

"Show yourself!" I said. Or, tried to say. Before I could finish, the girl came out of the shadows, holding a frying pan.

"I know why you're here, and I'm not afraid of you." She said, her voice a tad shaky.

"You seem to be." I replied dryly.

"Who are you, and how did you fine me?" She questioned, her tone stern.

"I don't have to tell you anything." I stated. The girl then held the frying pan closer to my face, the lizard that was on her shoulder sticking its tongue out at me.

"I will not ask again. Who are you, and how did you find me..?"

I glared at the girl before responding. "Don't play dumb with me. I know you're working with Flynn Rider."

The girl then looked at me in confusion. "Who..?"

She didn't know? No way. She must be putting on an act, and I'm not falling for it. "You know who I speak of."

"Wha- no I don't! I don't anything about this so called, 'Flynn Rider'!"

Maybe she is telling the truth. After all, I don't see any sign of Rider here...

"Anyways, why are you here? To steal my hair? Cut it?" She questioned.

"Steal your hair? Girl, the only thing I want with your hair is to get out of it!" I remarked. It was true. I wanted nothing to do with this girl, or her strangely long hair.

"And you speak truth?" She was less tense, but she still looked skeptical.

"Yes."

"What's your name?"

I hesitated. "...Cassandra. You?"

"Rapunzel!" She answered brightly.

Before I could say something else, her demeanor changed. "Something brought you here, Cassandra. Call it what you will, fate...destiny..."

"An owl."

"But I have made the decision to trust you."

"Don't you know not to trust random people?"

"Look this way." She used her hair and jerked the chair, turning it towards the closet. She pulled back a curtain, revealing a painting.

"Do you know what these are?"

I squinted at the painting, studying it. It looked like she had painted...

"Lanterns..." I muttered.

"What?"

"Those are lanterns. For the lantern festival. To celebrate the lost princess' birthday."

"Lanterns...I knew they weren't stars! I have a preposition for you."

"What would that be?" I asked, raising a brow.

"I want you to take me to see the lanterns tomorrow night, return me home safely, and all before my mother returns.