Chapter1: The Chase That Led To the Tower

"Can't we talk this out?!" Fitz- I mean, Rider, said. He was running. From me. He'd stolen the royal crown, and I was determined to catch him. Especially if it meant I might impress my dad enough to make it into the Royal Guard.

"We'll 'talk this out' when horses fly!" I yelled, chasing him as I rode Fidella. "Just surrender and make this easier for yourself!"

"Yeah, I'll take that as a 'no', so, I gotta go!" Rider tried making a series of twists, turns, and jumps to try and lose me. But, no matter how he ran, I was right behind him.

"You can't run forever!" I said. I was just about to grab him, as I had closed the distance between us. But, before I could, he threw something at a beehive, causing it to fall, and the bees rushed at me.

"AH! DANG IT, RIDER!"

"Ha! See ya, Cassie!" Rider yelled as he ran off.

When I recovered from the bee attack, I looked around, and Rider was no where to be found. "Dang it!"

I sighed, and called out, "Owl!"

Owl landed on my shoulder with a hoot. "Yeah, I lost him. Can you see if you can spot him from above?" I asked. Owl nodded in reply, and flew off.

After a few moments, Owl flew in front of me, and hooted.

"A tower?" I thought for a moment. "This could be his hideout. Lead the way."

Owl hooted, and flew off. On Fidella, I followed him, until we reached a wall of vine.

"Owl, you sure this isn't a-" Owl interrupted me with a hoot, so I shrugged and reached my hand into the wines, expecting to feel rock behind them. Instead, I was greeted with nothing air.

What the..? I thought as I stepped through.

"Woah..." Behind the vines, there was a clear field, surrounded by mountains and a small waterfall. And, sure enough, there was a tower.

I walked up to it, and after walking around it, the only entrance was a window at the top.

Well. Guess I got climbing to do. I thought. "Fidella, Owl, you two stay down here and out of sight. I call if I need you."

Owl hooted in reply, and Fidella whinnied softly. I turned to the tower, taking out my daggers, and began scaling the tower.

After a good while of climbing, I finally reached the window and hauled myself inside. Phew. That was some climb.

Once I caught my breath, I only looked around for a split second, before hearing shuffling. Before I could react, however, there was a sharp pain in the back of my head, and everything went black.
____________________________________________________________________

AN: Sorry if these chapters are short, they looked longer on paper, lol. Also, art doesn't belong to me, credits to the Respective artists!😁