Chapter 3: What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

"Hold on, what?" I said. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She really expects me to take her? Wow.

"You heard me right." Rapunzel said. Her face was full of determination.

"And what if I do? What's in it for me?" I questioned.

"Then...I help you find this...'Flynn Rider' you speak of."

You? Help me catch Rider? No. She couldn't possibly...he even got away from me!

"And if I refuse?"

"Then you won't find Flynn Rider."

"Like you could stop me."

"Yes I- look, please, just take me to see the lanterns...I've dreamed about for so long...and now I finally have the chance! I promise, I'll help you catch Flynn, and I make a promise, I never break it."

I raised a brow.

"Ever."

I sighed. Can't believe I've doing this... "Fine. I'll take you."

Rapunzel immediately perked up, which caused me to immediately regret saying that.

"Really?" She asked.

I sighed, and answered reluctantly. "...Yeah..."

"Oh my gosh! Thank you!"

"Yeah...uhm- don't read into it." I answered. I could tell she was gonna be a handful. "Oh, could you untie me now?"

"Ah- right." She walked over, and untied her hair from around me. When she turned around, I reached into my boot, and to my relief, my dagger was still there. Hopefully, it won't be needed. I thought.

"Come on, we should get going." I went towards the window, Rapunzel following. After a moment of climbing, I reached the bottom of the tower, to see Rapunzel still standing on the window sill.

"You comin'?" I called to her.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming..." Rapunzel then sighed, then ascended down from her hair. Not a surprise. When she was about to touch the ground, she stopped.

After a moment, I spoke up. "You alright?"

"Yea... Sorry, it's just...I've never actually touched grass before."

Woah. She really has been cooped up in this tower.

I wasn't really one for touchy-feely, but I held out my hand to her. "Well...I'm sure you'll do fine...I promise, I won't let anything happen to you, and I won't hurt you."

Rapunzel looked at the grass, then my hand. After a second, she took it, and put one foot on the ground, then the other. Once she got on the ground, she let go of my hand, and ran in circles, as well as rolling around.

I have to admit, her additude is endearing...I thought. Though, I quickly pushed that thought aside when I remembered that that exact additude will make handling her a long 3 days.