Chapter 103

[The Abyss POV]

The pest extermination lasted a few days. The creatures of the Abyss were never ending and continued to pile up. The Watchers were strong slaughtering anything without the slightest difficulty.

But the sheer numbers had gradually started to wear down the Abyss Watchers. The fact that they were undead meant that they would never get exhausted physically.

But their weapons were not undead. Swords start slipping due to blood. They could also no longer go as fast as before due to the fact they might literally slip in blood. The term bloodbath was brought out to full play here.

However, to the Abyss, it was a normal day. The creatures of the Abyss do kill each other sometimes. That day was not herald by any signs.

The good old battlefield as usual. However, contrary to the usual days, that day was a little unusual. Their 'guests' seems to be a little serious. They all got an order to watch out for anything new and so, they spread out. Thier leader seems to have something they thought it never would have, 'fear'.

The Watchers arrived with a dragon and started killing anything there. They are preparing a major offensive and so, they watched out any ambush. But there was nothing. They were straight up coming and killing with no strategy.

By the time, they gathered together it was a bit too late. Too many of them has died and they could no longer form a sizeable force. Moreover, they have yet to kill one being. The keeper of the first flame stood against them healing any and every single thing with slightest injury.

Yet they continued swarming them for they had no other orders. Their leader should wish to weaken them first, right? The headless chickens have yet to realize they their head was gone. They are now nothing more than an unsightly mob.

They laugh thinking they will survive this bloodbath. They were wrong. Not a single soul from the Abyss will walk free. They could not contend with the Watchers and there was nothing to contain the giant knight and the raging dragon.

Even they in their mindless chaos started to realize that they had been abandoned. Their leader far gone into somewhere they will never reach. They have been left behind by their father as obstacles for his executioners.

No matter how strong a fort is, it will fall without a commander. They ran. Flee like dogs yet they were still being hunted down like one. This should not be possible. They were supposed to be hunters, not the hunted yet the impossible reality stands in front of them.

They should corrupt others by the dark of man pulling them into madness and chaos, yet they were being corrupted by flames of life, bringing them death and order.

They should not be able to step inside the Abyss, yet they can for some reason. The Abyss only remain undefeated due to its terrain and unlivable environment. Had it been livable, it would have been conquered but the gods of light, but they realized it far too late in their drunken glory.

The impossible came true. The Abyss has fell with no leader. The darkness of humanity is being burned by the first flame. Purify until it can no longer sustain itself. All of humanity's sins were no more. Phantoms were burned and creatures were exorcised in flame.

But they will survive however they can. For the dark of men is ever growing. They may not be as glorious as before, but they are still unkillable, eternal. As long as the flame exists, the Abyss shall always exist.

.

.

[Firekeeper POV]

.

The Abyss Watchers were getting a little slower due to their equipment, but they were doing fine. It lasted a total of 4 days and nights, and she did not sleep a wink, but everything was going fine.

The Abyss will never truly be wiped out as long as the flame exists. The thing is, she is the flame. These things were going to continue to corrupt men. There was no such thing as containing the Abyss.

The Abyss will never be gone but the current creatures in the Abyss are mostly gone. But the place itself is indestructible. By now, it was also clear that Manus had abandoned the Abyss.

It knows that it is no match for a dragon and thousands of knights at once. With her in the mix, he would never survive. It was not a duel. It was a battle and the father of the Abyss had abandoned his children and run away.

Over the course of four days, she thought about how to deal with the ever-expanding Abyss and the answer came to her when she realized the Manus had abandoned the Abyss.

The Abyss now had no owner. No lord and it requires one. She decided to become the Lord of the Abyss. The mother of the Abyss. Being the lord of the Abyss came with its cost and any lord of the Abyss must be prepared to be corrupted.

Even Manus himself was no exception to this rule. However, she was different. She was the first flame itself. The first flame and the Abyss will cancel each other out. Two equally powerful forces in her body at once.

She shall become the new father or rather, the mother of the Abyss. She shall reign over the dark of humanity and the light of humanity. A balancer of chaos and order. Or rather the ruler of chaos and order for both shall obey her if she chose to do so.

But she must first do what new lords would do whenever they take a new throne. She must wipe out the subjects of the old lord. Now as the end of the old era of the Abyss was drawing near, she was starting to have some doubts.

Should she hand over the Abyss to someone else? Does she leave it alone and keep wiping it out regularly? Or does she just follow along her original plan and claim the Abyss as hers. One thing for sure was that it will not be returning to Manus.