Chapter 78

"Yet he survives.", said Gamora.

"He did, indeed. An incredible feat that makes you wonder, isn't it?"

"Gods died yet this guy survives."

"Thou should not underestimate anyone, not even a petty thief."

"Yes, especially a thief.", emphasized Quill.

Gamora just rolled her eyes and walked back.

"And, so what happened to him?", asked Mantis. The rest seems equally curious.

"I do not know. The world ended soon after that yet I find it hard to believe that he did not survive."

"How would he survive that?", asked Rocket.

"He may have a way I have yet to know but it is just a possibility."

"Then tell us another story!", asked Mantis. Wanda nodded alongside her.

"Woah there, enough stories for today. Ms. Keeper, is this Nidvellier?"

She looked out the window to see the giant forges surrounding a Neutron Star. It was as busy as ever with giant 'dwarves' running about their business.

They eventually slowed down and embarked from their ship.

Now that she has come alone, she looked upon the might of the dwarves. Just their sheer size was enough for them to be an intimidating opponent. Yet, she could tell they were peaceful.

Giant beings striking a bunch of metal over and over. Sparks flew from their sheer strength. The place was hot but that is what was expected of a giant forge.

"You have come again, keeper. What brings you here today? Another order from Odin?", asked Etiri as he made his way to them.

"None from Asgard, my dear friend. I just wish to ask thee for help. I have something else to exchange for the favor of Nidvallier."

"And what exactly would that favour be?"

"I wish for thee to forge weapons for my crew."

"Everyone?"

"Yes, my dear Eitri, everyone."

"In exchange for?"

"Hath thou ever forge a weapon with souls?"

"Yes, I have though it is only a few. It is far too rare to get a soul here."

"I will give thee a chance to forge a soul. Not just any soul. A soul on par with likes of Odin." She said as she took out the soul of the Lord of Giants, Yhorm.

Yhorm has finally been granted peace, but his soul was an excellent material to forge. She would use every scrap to ensure the safety of her disciples.

"The soul of the Lord of Giants.", she took out the soul of Yhorm.

Eitri did not say anything but continued to stare at it. Even for a long-live species like a dwarf, a soul of a Lordly One was basically impossible to come by. But he kept his cool for he was a king and not just any Dwarf. A normal dwarf would have been begging her to give it to him to forge.

"That will not do. Keeper. You have only one soul. A soul for a soul. I will create only one weapon. Come back if you have more souls like these. Of course, unless Odin makes me create it for all of them."

"That, thou can rest assure. I would never force thee to do what thou do not wish to do, my dear Eitri. A weapon it is. I want you to forge one for him."

"Who?" She grabbed Loki by his arm.

"Him."

"Me?", asked Loki as he was probably not used to being the first choice. Once a second choice, forever a second choice. It breaks her heart to see him so happy over such simple things.

"Yes, thou art my disciple, my dear Loki and I only wish the best for thee. And a giant's soul is best fitted to be wield by another giant, isn't it?"

"I am an Asgardian." he held a dangerous edge to his voice that was completely covered up.

"Thou art the son of thy parents. And even thou cannot deny thy true heritage. It doth not matter when thou accept it but birth is a choice people rarely have."

"Fine, then. Make me the finest weapon you've got. I will master this weapon.", he said proudly.

"What kind of weapon do you need?", asked Eitri.

"I will leave that to your excellent judgement, Eitri.", she answered. Professional matters are best left to professionals to figure that out. She was not a smith, and she would not know which weapon suits her disciple best.

"Good choice.", he grunted as he immediately went to work.

"So, no weapons for us?", asked Quill.

"Thou art upon the legendary place of Knowhere, a holy place of forging. Learn to use that to thy advantage, my dear Quill. I do apologize for the fact that Eitri would refuse to forge us more weapons. I will not force him however."

"Yeah, she's right Quill. I mean we're in a place of legends and you're clamoring for a weapon. Have some shame, man. Come on, let's go, Groot. You'll rot your brains if you stay with this guy."

"What? You are a weapon maniac. Don't you dare talk to me like that."

"Indeed, human. Learn some more to look around. Tsk tsk, how classless.", said Selph clicking her tongue as she dragged Falkor and walked away. Probably to get back to their endless argument between food and infrastructure.

"What? Why is everyone picking on me?"

"Listen to the lady, Quill. Have some shame.", replied Drax as he too walked away.

"Yeah! Have some shame, Quill!", hissed Mantis as she ran along to Drax.

"As for you three, go wherever you wish.", she ordered her disciples as she too walked away to go to somewhere else. They did as Quill was left trying to justify himself to his soon to be bride.

"Where is teacher going?", asked Wanda as she rushed to her.

"I hath some affairs to settle, little one."

"Can I follow along?"

"Probably not since I will be handling this one alone."

"Alone, teacher? Did you not tell us to always work in groups?"

"For a task such as this, a group would only hinder my actions. Now, be a good girl and wait for Loki's weapon."

"But, can you at least tell me where you are going?"

"Asgard my dear Wanda. I can feel the everlasting one calling upon me. I will have to meet him. Oh, I believe it is time, girl.

Hush now, little lady and wait for my return in peace."

She left as the Bifrost enveloped her figure.