Booho, I don't care

Okay, have a look at my very, very rough draft I came up with in three hours:

I've always wondered how I would die.

And if somebody then told me that it would be in a dark and eerie cave, where the water dripped off the endless ceiling, surrounded by thousands of cackling spider-hybrids who were all snapping their disgusting jaws in anticipation, I'd be pretty disappointed.

But on the other hand, I'd expect nothing else from somebody who impulsively decides to run and rescue her kidnapped friend, especially if she has the reflexes of a dead goldfish

You might wonder how I got into this situation and, trust me, I do too.

For that, we might want to skip back a few months, to a time where the second wave of the apocalypse was at it's peak.

The funny thing is, I wasn't even alive when the worst things happened, and yet, humanity had managed to screw up the world even more after the first wave.
Now for cinematic reasons, imagine me as an old history teacher with bottle-thick glasses and a voice almost as thin as his hair while I explain what happened fifteen years ago.

When the first animals had started to go extinct back in 2023, it was like somebody bought a snake to get rid of a mouse. But after the mouse was gone, something had to get rid of the snake, and so on and so forth. You know what I mean.

This circle went on and on until, unnaturally fast, the whole food chain had unraveled itself faster than my grades did, and finally collapsed to complete chaos. The algorithm of mother nature had splintered to pieces like a piece of old wood.

Without bees, nothing would grow anymore, creating one of the biggest agricultural downfalls in history. Nothing would grow anymore, so that people were forced to eat what was still fertile.

When the bats had disappeared, swarms of insects terrorized the fields because nothing would eat those things anymore.
Billions of crickets destroyed crops, thick clouds of mosquitoes spread diseases in no time, killing almost a third of the world's livestock animals. It was like the seven plagues of Egypt, one worse than the others before.

Hunger started to crawl through the countries, consuming everything in its inevitable teeth of death.
Wasn't the best time to start an all-vegan diet.

Because it didn't end with the insects.

Races of birds started to vanish, which caused the balance in nature to fall like the end of a seesaw when somebody jumped off the other side too fast.

Like that, it went on for years. Terrible centuries of the oceans polluting to no return. Years of people dying from their inability to gain independence from animal races. Years of fear, pain and death.

I could continue this story for hours, explaining each fragile part of the economical system the past generations have destroyed until they left behind a broken world as a legacy for their children.

But I think you get the drill.

When there were no more animals, of course people wanted to find a solution. Because most plants had disappeared with them, leaving us humans with nothing left to consume.

So some smart-ass had the idea to cross human DNA with those of the few animals left, to find a successful reproduction system that would provide us with enough to survive.

Don't ask me how they got that idea and even found sponsors that got them come far enough to create something that was almost worse than starvation.

But they did. And that's how the Hybrids were born.

If you could call something like that 'being born'

I don't know about you, but when I hear the word 'birth' I think of immense amounts of pain because giving birth is the second worst pain a human body can experience, the first place being burned alive.
Both things that women had to and still have to endure, I might just add.

But after all of that pain, you, hopefully, get to hold your baby in your arms. Cradle that tiny embodiment of new life in a protective hug and promise to take good care of it.

What the richest people and best scientist in the world did was not birth.

Taking advantage of the high poverty rates in the most populated countries, they collected volunteers from all over the world to inject each and every one of them with different, genetically modified serums that contained fertile animal DNA.

Delicious.

And of course, something had to go immensely wrong, that would lead to a literal world war against grotesquely misshaped animal-human Hybrids, which were all able to do things like flying on their own or make parts of their brain regrow.

Yeah, we didn't stand a chance.

And only a few years into that war, this was when I'd come into play.

A sixteen year old girl with Hobbit hair and chewed-down nails, who craves academic validation and has a friend group containing exactly two people.
A thing about me that you should know, is that I might only have two friends, but I'd protect them with my life.

No matter what.

So now this is the story of how far a determined, sleep deprived teenager can go, with nothing but the sheer willpower of friendship and pure spite against the rest of the world.

I'll despacito my way through this