Eleven ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"When Dawn Breaks"

"When Dawn Breaks"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Winter was going to throw up. She could feel the bile settling in her throat, could feel the cold, panicky feeling wash over her as the town car she sat in made its way through the quiet streets of the Capitol.

It wasn't going fast enough.

It needed to go faster.

"Can you hurry?" She called over to the driver as she picked at her nails. "You have to hurry."

"He's going as fast as he can," Dolon assured the girl. Winter disagreed, he should be flooring it. He should be skidding around corners and flying past stop signs. Now wasn't the time to be responsible on the roads. Not when a man's life was in the balance.

"You have to go faster." She repeated, this time more firmly. The driver listened and the car began to speed up slightly but not by much.

"We don't want to draw attention to ourselves," Dolon reminded. "What will happen if people see us speeding off towards the arena?" The girl in the seat beside him rolled her eyes hard.

"I don't care," She told him. "We'll be gone before anything can happen."

Dolon seemed too calm about this whole thing and it made Winter worry more. She didn't know how he could keep so composed, how he could breathe so easily. She felt like she was being crushed by the weight of pressure on her chest, she was sure that she had soaked up all his worry, too, like an overfilled balloon just waiting to burst.

Dolon was the picture of calm and collected, Winter was the exact opposite.

She hadn't been able to sit a peace, her eyes hadn't stopped moving, she was afraid to blink in case she missed something. Her chest hurt, her head pounded and she was sure that if they didn't make it to the arena in time she'd die on the spot.

Or what if they did? What if they got there just in time only to find that their attempts were futile? What if Gaul had already unleashed the sinister thing she was planning? What if they had no choice but to stand there and watch whatever it was as it claimed Reaper's life for its own?

No. Don't think like that, she warned herself internally.

We'll get there in time.

It's going to work.

It has to work.

"Relax, Winnie," Dolon soothed softly as he watched the girl fidget in her seat. His eyes dropped down to her hands and a frown covered his face at the sight of the bloody mess that was her fingers. "Stop it." He instantly pried her hands apart to asses the damage she had done.