Six ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"The Bombing"

"The Bombing"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"I won't let you go to the arena."

Winter had been forced to halt in her tracks as Dolon stood on the front steps of her home. The heavy door behind the girl clattered shut as she mulled over his words, his warning. He grew frustrated as he watched her roll her red, puffy eyes and adjust the stuffed bag that had slipped off of her shoulder.

"I don't have time for this," She huffed. "I'm already running late." She had been dealing with the aftermath of Coriolanus' advances, in tears and fits of rage, screaming words she wished she had screamed at him, throwing things, hating him for what he had done, hating herself for allowing him to make her feel this way since he had left. She had been minutes away from a full-on breakdown when she realized the time. Reaper needed her, and so Winter did what she did best and sucked it up, put on a brave face and focused her attention on her tribute.

She knew that touring the place he was expected to die in was going to be hard enough, he didn't need her there, all teary-eyed and melancholy as he did it. She would stand by his side, strong and determined as she held his hand and assured him that his time spent in the arena wouldn't be long before they got him out.

"Winter-" His large hand pushed back against her chest as she began to walk. It was like something had snapped and Dolon watched as the girl's eyes narrowed and she slapped it away harshly. He hadn't known about the incident with Coriolanus, he didn't know her emotions were still running high.

"Don't touch me!" She spat before ducking around him determined to get a move on. She never made it very far when he grabbed onto her wrist tightly and stopped her again. "Dolon, I said-"

"They're going to bomb the arena."

Winter wanted to laugh, to tell him to stop being so stupid but the look on his face horrified her and his words rang in her ears like booming church bells.

They were going to bomb the arena. The arena. Where Reaper was. Alone. She knew he'd be waiting for her, wondering why she wasn't there if she had just suddenly decided to abandon him. The thought of him facing this by himself while every other mentor was there made her stomach churn but the added news of a bombing only made it worse.

"What?..."

"Gaul... She's been planning it for months, she's pinning it on the rebels." Winter's face screwed up at his admission. Gaul was going to bomb her arena. It seemed like a ridiculous theory, as if he had just told her that the clouds were made for cotton candy. Why on earth would she jeopardize her Games and the lives of Capitol children? He saw her confusion and continued. "She wants to create a stronger justification for the Games, get people excited to watch for revenge sake..."