Four ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Lighting Fires"

"Lighting Fires"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Dolon Craddle had become a man of mystery since taking up a position with Dr Gaul.

He was tasked with keeping her private affairs in order as well as her work, it was no shock that the once outgoing, friendly boy had suddenly become a closed book in the year he had spent with her. He was right there while she planned the Games, he knew every detail, every etched-out thought that she had come up with. He had known about the mentoring assignment for months before it was made public, he knew about the newest mutts she had been working on, he knew every plan and possible outcome she had created for these Games and none of them coincided with his own.

Dolon Craddle had a secret...

While Dr Gaul and the rest of the Capitol believed his allegiance lay with them only Dolon knew the truth, the real reason he had been so quick to take a job with her, and it wasn't the pay.

For the past year and a half, Dolon had been in secret coheres with the people in the Districts, hidden rebels whom he had sought out to offer aid and advice, whom he supported from the sidelines while feeding Capitol secrets to them through rogue Peacekeepers. Winter and Sejanus weren't the only two people in the Capitol who wanted the Games to be stopped, Dolon did, too, and by being placed in a position of power, as insignificant as it may have been, it opened his eyes to the small but mighty masses that thought similarly.

Dolon knew that they could make a change, that they could bring this whole thing down but he needed angry people, people who would toss caution to the wind to do so. That's why he hadn't told Winter about the mentoring assignment despite having plenty of opportunities to. He knew that for his plan to work he needed Winter, who had spent years suppressing her true feelings towards Games, to be so outraged that she'd finally stop caring about keeping up appearances and start acting on her feelings.

He knew he couldn't do this without Winter, he didn't want to. She had this special charm about her, one that could sway even the meanest of hearts, she had more money than he did, money that could be given to those who needed it, to fund the movement. But the thing he needed most was that very front she had been playing for the past ten years,

for who would suspect the quiet, kind daughter of the creator of the Hunger Games to be the one who was lighting fires and rallying troops in the Capitol?

Dolon jumped from his skin as the closed door of his office was pounded on, quickly situating his desk, shoving papers away and straightening up pens before calling for the visitor to enter. His racing heart settled at the sight of Winter's smiling face.