chapter thirty three- p.s i still love you

"
ℍ𝕖𝕪 𝕚𝕥'𝕤 𝕠𝕟 𝕞𝕖, 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕘𝕠. 𝕄𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕘𝕝𝕠𝕨.
"

✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾

"What are you doing here?" I ask him and I arch my brow in confusion.

"I don't want you to go." He frowns and steps closer to me, closing the distance between us a little bit more.

My mouth goes agap. I fucking knew it.

"I- erm" I stutter. "I can't Quinn, you know it too."

He purses his lips. "You can't go back."

My brain urges me to hug him, comfort him. he is the one who stopped talking though, so I don't. I stay where I am.

"I have to go back, there's nothing here for me." I look at the ground, not wanting to see his heartbroken face.

"There is- of course there's something here for you, there are so many opportunities. Hell- I'm here." He says.

I sigh. "Why haven't you texted me? Called me? What do you think I felt like?" I spit getting angrier.

"I-" he stutters, "I don't know. I didn't think you'd want to talk to me after the whole lake house thing." Quinn looks at his feet.

"You were one of my closest friends Quinn, of course I still wanted to talk to you." I look up to meet his brown-blue eyes.

"I mean you didn't text me either..." he says quietly.

"I wanted a break from you temporarily, that's all. But I was waiting for something from you. You know.. what you did at the lake house hurt me, in fact it still does." I blink fast to keep the tears away. I didn't want to cry in front of him.

"I'm sorry Gen... I didn't know what I wanted.." he looks at me.

I can't believe that we were having this conversation in a hotel lobby. I mean we were away from the front, but still it was uncomfortable.

"Well I guess you know what you want now." I can't talk to him anymore. I turn and start to walk in the direction of the elevators, when he grabs my arm.

"Wait. Gen please, what do you mean by that?" He asks me.

My chest tightens, I really do love him, but I can't do this.

"You have a girlfriend, you don't need me to stay and keep you company anymore." I say and take his hand.

"I- I do but I want you to stay here.. I.." he tries to finish his sentence but stutters.

"I have my job all ready for me Quinn, I'm going back for both of our sakes." This time, a tear goes down my cheek.

Quinn sees that, and his hand comes up to met face and wipes the tear with his hand.

"I still love you Gen." He admits.

My heart jumps, and my head is going in circles. Of course I still love him too, but it's not the time anymore. I can't not go back now.