Chapter Fourteen

With tears streaming down my face, my heart clenches in pain. Every breath feels heavy, but I refuse to let despair consume me. "Damien, why do you hold me captive when I mean nothing to you? What secret are you hiding?" 

The unanswered questions echo in my mind, fueling my determination to confront my father and seek his forgiveness. The storm outside may be terrifying, but I know I have to face it head-on. I whisper to myself, "I am a fighter, and I won't lose myself. It's time to face the truth."

I dragged my tired body and unsteady legs out of the room, heading towards the closet. Rifling through my suitcase, I stumbled upon a stunning gown in a striking shade of blue, just the right amount of elegance and the way I wanted it. I quickly shed the clothes I had on and slipped into the alluring blue dress, making my way towards the room's side mirror. With a gentle touch, I concealed the fingerprints and scars around my neckline.

Feeling somehow content with my appearance, I gracefully slipped into a pair of Moon Star shoes and accessorized my outfit with a Debbie Wingham bag, worth a staggering six point seven million dollars.

Taking one final glance in the mirror, I confidently swung open the door and stepped out. But before I could even take a few steps down the hallway, I was met with lots of guards, standing tall and firm, blocking any further progress I could make.

My brows furrowed in confusion as the realization hit me like a bolt of lightning. How could I have forgotten about those menacing guards, the demons of this wretched place? It seemed that I had no choice but to face them head-on if I wanted to escape this prison of despair.

Summoning up every ounce of courage, I spoke up, my voice trembling in the oppressive atmosphere. "Excuse me, I need to go somewhere," I managed to utter, my words barely audible amidst the palpable tension in the air.

To my dismay, one of the guards responded with a cold and resolute tone. "No one leaves unless the boss commands it," he declared, his words causing a sharp gasp to escape my lips.

"Excuse me!" I exclaimed, my voice laced with frustration and desperation.

"You heard me right, miss," he retorted, his face etched with sternness. "Even you are not exempt from the boss's orders," he added, his gaze unwavering.

My eyes darted from one face to another, a sinking feeling settling in as I realized the harsh truth. The only way I could escape this confining cage was if the demon himself granted me permission, a notion that seemed utterly absurd. This shows how much of a prisoner I was, that wife title was just for a clout and nothing important attached to it. Though the problem was, I couldn't muster the courage to approach him again, not after everything that had transpired between us in that room earlier.

Confusion and shock swirled within me, causing my lips to move faster than my racing heart could handle. "He knows that I need to go out," I blurted out, the words slipping out before I could fully process the consequences.

Their gazes darkened with doubt, and I knew I had made a grave mistake when one of them reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, dialing a number with purpose.

I held my breath, anxiety coursing through my veins as they persistently dialed the number, each ring echoing in the tense silence. After several unsuccessful attempts, they raised a skeptical eyebrow at me, but I forced a smile, my expression strained.

I knew I had just broken one of his rules, but at this moment, I didn't care. I needed to see that old man, rather than being locked up here, wasting away. "I've been standing here for hours, and it's clear he isn't answering," I added, my voice tinged with frustration.

They ignored me and continued dialing the number, I couldn't help but try to reason with them. "Look, I'm his wife, not like I'm trying to run away," I blurted out, hoping my words would sway their decision.

Their stoic faces betrayed their confusion, but my desperate attempt seemed to catch their attention. "Alright, maybe one of you should come with me to put an end to this madness," I suggested, watching as their expressions shifted.

After what felt like an eternity of hesitation, one of them finally stepped forward. "Let's go," he said, a smile spreading across my face, my dimple deepening.

I nodded and we both walked out of the house, passing numerous guards along the way, heading towards the carport. The young guy from earlier rushed towards us, presumably the driver. However, he was quickly stopped by the guard behind me, by a simple raise of the index finger in the air.

I observed as the young guy nodded with a bow and walked away, not sparing me a single glance and that hurt but I shrugged it off. The guard signaled another guard at the other side of the compound with his middle finger, prompting him to step forward. In a flash, the three of us made our way towards the Rolls-Royce parked in the carport. The first guard opened the back door for me, and I graciously entered, while nodding to the second guard who took his place in the driver's seat.

I felt a wave of unease as the second guard entered the car sitting beside me with his left hand resting on top of the pistol tucked inside his clothes which was between his shirt and his trousers, around his waist. His solid face and unwavering gaze fixed on the road. My eyes nervously shifted away as we began to drive.

****** 

After what felt like an eternity, we finally arrived outside my father's house. The guard honked the car, signaling the presence of a visitor at the gate. My heart leaped with joy as I caught a glimpse of our security man, who began to open the gate after confirming the visitor.

But just as the gate was pushed open, the guard in front angrily revved the engine and sped into the compound, scaring the security man away. I gasped in shock, watching as the security man quickly jumped to the other side for his safety. I turned to the guard beside me, only to find him unmoved as if nothing had just happened.

I rolled my eyes at him, frustrated by their arrogance and self-centeredness. They truly are bloodthirsty monsters.

As the car came to a stop, I took a deep breath, grateful to have arrived safely at my father's house. The guard beside me remained stoic, unmoved by the chaos that had unfolded earlier. I stepped out of the car, my heart still racing from the adrenaline-filled journey.

But as I walked towards the entrance of the house, something unexpected happened. The guard who had scared away the security man earlier approached me with a remorseful expression. He apologized for his behavior, explaining that he was just following orders and didn't mean to frighten anyone.

I was taken aback by his sincerity and realized that perhaps not all guards were as heartless as I had assumed. It was a small moment of redemption, a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, there was more to these seemingly cold-hearted individuals, well except their demon boss, Damien Albrecht. And with that newfound perspective, I entered my father's house but was instantly greeted by a cold and terrifying aura.

"Seems like the devil is finally here," a voice came from behind.

"Aunt…….." I stammered, my words barely escaping my trembling lips. 

                     To be continued………