christmas movie marathon

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ೃ༄

    "i can feel you staring, you know?" your best friend smirked, yet he didn't take his eyes off of the tv screen. you could hear matt's boston accent when he spoke, even though he'd argue with you that he does not have a boston accent. his eyes stayed glued to the movie playing (the yearly holiday classic that is 'elf') cause apparently the movie was far more interesting than you.

    you could feel your face go red hot, the tips of your ears turning a deep shade of crimson as well. suddenly you were glad matt wasn't looking at you, because this way he didn't have to see how embarrassed you were. you truly thought you were being slick with how you were staring- no, studying him. you studied his features on his face, memorizing the dips and curves of his facial structure and particularly enjoying the way his lips looked. the skin under his eyes displayed a darker shade of violet than normal, but he could never look bad. your eyes even glanced over his eyebrows and nose, admiring his side profile that was just so handsome.

    you and matt were in the midst of your fourth annual christmas movie marathon. it started in high school, and it was just a tradition that you didn't have the heart to break, so every time he was back in boston for the holidays you'd both always make it a priority to binge the best christmas movies. you had already watched home alone and the grinch (the jim carey version, because the both of you argued that was the best one), and now you were about a half hour into elf.

it was snowing outside. the christmas lights were vibrantly lit, reflecting off of the glistening snow, making the holiday nearing all the more magical. the fire place was on, and you were seated comfortably in the corner of matt's sectional couch. it felt like such a cozy night, not a worry in your life. except for how you might get home later, as the roads looked completely covered in a blanket of snow.

you snapped your eyes back to the tv as soon as you noticed matt was turning his head to yours, and you heard him laugh. "i never told you to stop."

"wasn't even staring." you shrugged. you tried to focus on the movie, but your mind was elsewhere. suddenly you couldn't stop thinking about matt's lips. and how they would feel against yours...

"right- okay," matt nodded, teasingly. "so what were you staring at, then?"

if it was even possible, your face went even redder than earlier. he laughed at that. "so you were staring at me!"

"wouldn't you like to know?" you muttered, biting at your fingernails nervously. you still couldn't look him in the eye. you were focused on how awkward it would be if you were to admit you were admiring your best friend. you always found him attractive, that wasn't an unknown fact. but recently, you had just found him absolutely perfect; he was this all consuming thought that you couldn't get rid of, like he had taken over your life and all he had done was just continuing to be your best friend.

"let's be honest, we all know you were staring at me. just accept it, hun." he teased further, and the nickname had you crawling out of your skin. you would do anything to have him call you that again.

    "in your dreams, matthew." you said, finally accepting defeat and looking at him in the eye. he smirked.

"specifics, go." matt always gloated with you, and now he was specifically being extra cocky now that he caught you staring. of course you weren't gonna tell him what you were staring at. "tell me!"

"okay- okay, fine! um- okay... i was looking at your lips." your voice was small, and you wanted to sink in between the cushions on the couch and disappear when a devious smirk grew on his face. that's when you figured he knew why you were staring at his lips.