chapter-17

★ANSHUMAN★

It was dinner time, Nitya hasn't returned from Mumbai. I know Eva wouldn't want to come back if she knew that I am here but I hope she comes.

She must've grown more beautiful, her voice sounded so lovely on phone, I would love hear it in personal.

Mumma was making the table so I thought I asked her that I'll do it. I made the table and help mumma to serve the food on table.

The moment we were going to take seats, the door bell rang. I got up and opened the door.

My eyes grew big, there she was my sister with the love of my life. So she did successfully convinced her, after all they are friends.

Her eyes scanned my profile and gulped a little, maybe she wasn't told about my presence. It's not like she would be affected by my presence since my feelings are one sided.

I gave the most genuine smile, though I can perfectly recall the moment, when she said that she is just my sister's best friend, that's all.

They both entered, I eyed her from side, she is wearing a simple plain baby pink Kurti that ends just below her knees and pink pants to go with it.

She has changed a lot, her hairs that used to ends till her waist are now cut short, till the shoulders. Her body has gotten more feminine making her look more gorgeous.

The only thing that hasn't changed is her height, she is still the same. Back then she used to come up till my shoulders but now I am sure she'll come till chest, just near the heart.

If I hug her, her head would rest on my chest and she'd be able to hear my heartbeat. Ohh, how I wish, it could happen.

I should move on from her before I do something that'll make her uncomfortable near me, I should just forget the past and have a new start.

She turned her gaze on me cause I had been staring her. I smiled simply and turned my head to the other side.

My family welcomed her whole heartedly. Since she is Nitya's best friend, she has good bond with my mumma.

"I am glad you came Eva, you know it's been a while we saw you." My mumma emphasised.

She gave a wide smile to mom before speaking " how will I not be here when it's an important of her life." and eyed Nitya, whose face was filled with joy.

"How's your family, Mom, dad?" Mumma questioned.

"I am yet to meet them, she directly bought me here." She said complaining to my mom about her friend.

My mumma chuckled before saying "don't worry, make sure to visit them before the Tilak ceremony since they've shifted to another city it'll take time for you to be back."

She nodded in affirmation

"Btw ,when is the Tilak?" She asked to which everyone answered in unison "two days later."

"You can spend your two days with family then come back on the day of Tilak, what say?" Mumma suggested. I think it's a good idea.

Eva agreed.

"And don't forget to bring your parents." Mumma added.

They kept talking about one thing or the other, while I silently ate.
_________________________________________

I was about to retire for the day when Nitya stopped me saying I should help in moving Eva's luggage to her room and rushed upstairs.

We both were left alone. I eyed the grey suitcase and furthered my hand to grab the handle but, she reached for the handle at the same time and her hand came in my grip instead.

I quickly reverted my hands and mumbled "I am sorry."

She did same and whispered " it's ok."

"You go first, I'll follow with the luggage." I stammered a little before indicating her the stairs.

The moment she left, I sighed in relief, putting my hands on heart. It was beating at the speed of bullet train. It might have exploded if she stayed for any longer.

I glanced at the hand that was just connected to a soft, fragile and beautiful hand.

I felt a thousand of butterflies washed over me with their softness. I wish, I could hold it longer with her permission, obviously.

I picked the suitcase and dropped it front of the door and knocked. Eva opened giving me the space to enter.

Nitya rushed to bathroom, and we were again left alone.

" Thank-you." She spoke lightly.

" Ah..no need." I quickly replied.

The atmosphere turned awkward and to distract, I initiated " So, how are you?"

"I am fine, how are you?" She asked as if she is meeting me for first time.

"I am good." A small smile made it's way on my lips, seeing her smiling.

"Thank-you so much for coming." I blurted as I fidget to say something.

"I had to come, after all it's my best friend's marriage." She gave me a cheerful smile and walking to closet to unpack the luggage.

I heard the bathroom door opening and made my way out of the room to the room across it which is mine. Looks like she has forgotten everything. I should also keep my feelings to myself.

It's not gonna be easy, when she is gonna be living under the same roof. She must've changed but her cheerful aura is still adorable.

I went to bed, hoping for a miracle to happen, where she likes me back or I get over her.

I was in deep slumber when a random strange sound entered my ear, I
decided to check up on it and have some water as well.

The voice was coming from living room so I followed and switched on the lights, I was shocked and amused at the sight in front of my eyes.
_________________________________________

So what do you think he saw?

I'll try to post the chapter as early as possible cause I want to finish this story.

Have a good day.

Don't go before clicking the star below.