~Chapter 17~

Eunkwang POV:

"Mr. Lee, I found what you needed." Detective Lee give me a big green folder. I took it and opened it. On the first page, there were few statements, notices and accounts. I looked at the detective again.

"I did a little research and. I found these documents and something else. It's will be easier to explain, if you tell me your story on more time. So if I can see if I had some omissions." I nodded.

"So... My little brother disappeared or better said kidnapped 17 years ago., at that time he was 3 years old. The last time I saw him was when I left him with my cousin. Who also disappeared that night." I said.

"Okay... Your little brother is missing on which date specifically?" He asked me. I tried not to cry. Every time when I think about him, I start to feel useless and want to cry because I didn't protect him.

"On March 20. or specifically 25.04.2002."  I still thinking what happened to him... Why someone kidnapped a child... He didn't do anything wrong... He was a kid... No... Not a kid... A toddler...  No... He was a baby...

"My research said that date is also the birthday of one of your friends? If my database did right. His name is... Hwang Hyunjin... Oh, I forget he was married. I will correct myself Lee Hyunjin." He asked.

"Yes. Yes it is. It's Hyunjinne's birthday. His birthday was a reason why we left my little brother with our cousin."  I used to look forward to this day, precisely because it is my friend's birthday, and today...

"Why you didn't take your little brother with you? If I remember, Hyunjin's family is your family friends. Did they not allow him to come? And if they are, why none of you didn't stay with him?" He smirked.

"It's not that they didn't allow, it's... You know... He was only 3 and because they are our really good friends we didn't want to make a mess. After all he was still a baby in that  time..." Maybe it was a bad idea...

"So we called our cousin, who otherwise lives in some city like us, to ask him if he can take care of my brother for a few hours and agreed. We leave my brother to him that night... And went to  the party."  If we...

"How close were you to your cousin? Did you ever have an argument? Did he ever do something that could be interpreted bad?"  At first, I didn't answer. I started to think about him...

"Nothing. Nothing what I can remember... We were so close. Maybe not by blood too much, but... You know... We were. He was a good really good person. If we ever needed a help,  he always helped us..." My cousin...

"My brother really adored him. Some with my cousin... I can't ever think about him like a person who can hurt someone or even kidnap...! That doesn't sound like him..." That must be  someone else...

"Okay... Can you tell me what happened during the party? Did something strange happen? And did you, during a party, contact your cousin or did your cousin contact you?" He asked.

"We entered the party at 7 pm... I mean we called him between 9 and 9.30 pm... To see how are them... And he answered. We talked with my brother. My cousin said they watched a movie and..." And paused.

"And... They ate a dinner. And before we ended the call he said that my brother and him will play a little and then he will put my brother to sleep. Meanwhile, he asked standard questions."  What more...

"Like how we are and how the party is going... We said that we are most likely to come to take my brother around 11. And he answered okay and said that he will not go to sleep before we came." I said.

"In his voice you didn't hear anything strange... Okay... You only didn't tell me, did something happen during a party? And please tell me what happened after you came to your cousin."  I shook my head.