Legally Exposed

In the courtroom, Harsh Kapoor brought to light a new revelation, a piece of knowledge shared among Tejasswi, Karan, and Vicky. Yet, their challenge lay in the absence of concrete proof to back up the information they possessed.

"Point duly noted, Your Honor. Mr. Rohan Kapoor professed a profound love for his ex-wife and conveyed regret for the child. However, this revelation unveils a contradiction—indicating he was never genuinely inclined towards marriage or assuming responsibility for the child but was compelled to do so."

Vicky's words stirred a reaction from Rohan, who hastily stood up to defend himself. In response, Chowdhary gestured for him to exercise caution and avoid actions that could prove unfavorable in the proceedings.

"What unfolded next, Mr. Kapoor?" Vicky shifted his focus back to Harsh, encouraging him to pick up where he left off.

"I deeply regret coercing this troublemaker and hoping he would reform for the well-being of his wife and child. Sadly, my choice subjected the poor woman to a harrowing existence."

Unable to bear the weight of his own father revealing the unpleasant truth from his past, Rohan shot up, exclaiming, "Dad, what on earth are you saying? Are you out of your mind?"

Expressing displeasure at Rohan's impulsive action, the judge emphatically banged the gavel, issuing a firm warning: "Plaintiff, uphold the decorum of the court and refrain from disrupting the proceedings, or you will face repercussions."

"I offer my apologies on behalf of my client," Chowdhary expressed in remorse, bowing courteously before swiftly helping Rohan back into his seat.

Through a whispered assurance, he conveyed his commitment to addressing the situation when it was time for his turn to cross-examine.

"Mr. Kapoor, kindly provide the court with a detailed account of what transpired with Rashmi and how you became aware of the situation." Vicky continued his line of questioning.

"After the wedding, Rohan returned to his opulent mansion with his wife, dismissing the entire staff and burdening his pregnant wife with all household duties. This information was disclosed by the elderly butler from his estate during an unplanned visit to my wife, Reema."

"Disturbed by concern for Rashmi in her second trimester, Reema persuaded me to visit and ensure everything was well. The following day, our surprise visit uncovered an unusual silence in their house. While searching for Rohan and Rashmi, we came upon Rashmi in the dining area, lying on her back amidst a pool of blood."

"We hurriedly took her to the hospital, averting a miscarriage. Upon regaining composure, she requested to be sent back to Delhi and sought assistance in obtaining a divorce. Despite our desire to advocate for her, considering her condition, we honored her wishes."

Harsh concluded his testimony, unveiling a crucial piece of information known to Tejasswi and Karan, which could now be substantiated in court.

"Your Honor, may I pose a few questions to the defendant's witness, with your consent?" Chowdhary rose to strategically engage in questioning.

"Go ahead......"

"Mr. Kapoor, what compelled you to testify against your own son?"

"Objection, Your Honor. This question is unrelated to the case at hand. The eligibility to be a witness is not influenced by one's relationship to any party," Vicky interjected.

"Indeed, it is pertinent, Your Honor. I wish to explore whether Mr. Kapoor harbors any concealed animosity towards his own son, perhaps related to property or assets, as he alluded to inheritance or...."