Guilt-free

Tejasswi awoke from a lengthy nap with a throbbing head and a scratchy throat, the aftermath of her intense bout of crying, before slipping into sleep.

She leveraged her hands for support as she rose to retrieve water from the side table. However, a stumble resulted in the glass slipping from her grasp and crashing onto the floor.

"Smash......" 

Aneri was startled by the sound and hurried to Tejasswi.

"Teju, be careful." She helped her settle comfortably and then poured a glass of water.

"You're practically skin and bones, and the accident has caused you to lose blood; it's no wonder you're feeling weak. You need to allow yourself time to recuperate. It's been just 24 hours since the accident," Aneri said, gazing at Tejasswi's pale face with dismay.

"A day has already passed, goodness gracious."

Tejasswi's consciousness wavered, making it difficult for her to consult her watch and discern the duration of her hospital stay.

"Speaking of which, how is Vicky now?" Tejasswi asked.

"I got to know he woke up a while back."

Tejasswi released a sigh of relief, eliminating the last amount of guilt she had after being comforted by Karan.

"I want to see him."

She was still quite upset about being the reason for Vicky's accident and wanted to apologize.

"Again?" Aneri grown wary of Tejasswi's needless guilt. "Fine, I will take you, but if you go on your guilt trip again, I will inform Mr. Kundrra."

Tejasswi chuckled, seeing the sullen face of Aneri. "Chill, this is not going to happen."

"I'm relieved Mr. Kundrra took care of you," Aneri remarked, propelling the wheelchair out of the room.

"You go back first; I will be fine on my own," Tejasswi said this to Aneri at the door of Vicky's room.

She sent Aneri off and pushed open the door to see Shivangi and Vicky were all lovey-dovey, resting their heads on each other's.

"Ahem......" Tejasswi made a sound before getting in.
Shivangi swiftly rose up on her feet, taking the patient chart in front of her face.

"You've lost quite a bit of blood, Mr. Vicky. Take it easy and focus on recovering," she stammered, clearly nervous.

Vicky nodded weakly, with a pale face. "Sure doctor. I will."

Tejasswi giggled seeing their terrible acting to hide the truth.

"Doctor, considering his head injury, wouldn't it be more appropriate to consult a neurologist rather than a cardiologist?" Tejasswi asked, a meaningful smile playing on her lips.

Shivangi squinted her eyes, then cooked another excuse, still pretending to be looking at the chart. "The trauma patient's heart can act up, so it's important to monitor it."

Vicky held his chest to act along, and Tejasswi enjoyed the situation.

'The stupid yet cute couple.'

"But, Dr. Shivangi, the chart in your hand is upside down to monitor, and Vicky, the heart should be on the left side, not right."

They both exchanged glances, then turned their attention to Tejasswi. She burst into laughter, making them realize that their long-hidden relationship had been revealed to her.

"Stop with your terrible acting; I knew it before."

Vicky sighed, but Shivangi got nervous. A few days ago, she was too rude to Tejasswi; now she is scared if Tejasswi will hold grudges against her and throw her under the bus.