Love on Venetian Waters

Karan emerged from the bathroom, towel in hand, gently patting his hair dry. His eyes fell on Tejasswi, seated at the dressing mirror, applying night cream, a vision of angelic beauty in her white nightgown.

Gently placing his hands on her shoulders, he positioned himself behind her and asked, "Venice was on your bucket list, wasn't it?"

Looking at Karan's downcast face in the mirror, Tejasswi sighed. "Dad's revelation is still weighing on you, isn't it?"

"I wouldn't say that. I'm just feeling disappointed in myself. As your husband, I should have been more attentive to your likes, dislikes, fears, desires, and allergies."

Karan felt Tejasswi's gentle touch on his hand resting on her shoulder. She comfortingly said, "It's okay, Sunny. Our relationship started under unusual circumstances, and it hasn't been that long. We're still figuring each other out."

Letting out a sigh of disappointment, Karan grabbed Tejasswi's hairbrush and started to gently comb through her flowing locks.

"I concur. However, I'm committed to continually striving to be a better husband."

Tejasswi declared, "You're an amazing husband." She rose, secured her hair in a bun, and motioned for Karan to sit where she was. She grabbed a hairdryer and began blow-drying his hair.

Karan treasured her charming attempts. He gently held her hand, got up, carefully set the hairdryer back on the table, then scooped her up in his arms and made his way to the bed.

"The idea of a honeymoon is growing on me; how about you?" Karan asked, sealing his words with a tender peck on her lips.

I'm game......"  Tejasswi wrapped her arms around his neck; she lifted herself up and kissed him, and Karan reciprocated with equal passion.

As Tejasswi settled on the bed, Karan joined her, supporting himself on his elbow. He tenderly patted her head and reassured her, "Venice isn't too bustling, even during the festive season, just the way you like it. I promise to make this trip one you'll never forget."

"Let's see....." Tejasswi refuted with a naughty smirk.

On the plane to Venice, two days later, Karan reclined in his seat, his head tilted back, a grumpy look etched on his face.

"Hey Sunny, take a deep breath," Tejasswi said with a soft smile, gently tugging at his hand, which was pressed against his forehead.

With a frown, Karan turned to her. "Do we have to do it this way? I haven't traveled like this with the public in years. It's suffocating."

Tejasswi turned down the idea of flying to Venice in Karan's private jet, emphasizing that she wanted this vacation to be just for the two of them, without any assistants or guards.

"Sunny, take a moment. The crowd is all in economy class, and it's just us here in first class. Besides, you specifically asked for VIP entry and exit."

Tejasswi couldn't suppress a chuckle, finding his tantrums rather childish.

"It was necessary to dodge recognition and unwanted photographs. It can get quite troublesome."

Karan had a habit of having his subordinates around him on every tour, diligently following his orders and meeting his every demand.

"Having masks and shades on, nobody really had the time or focus to look around and recognize us."

Tejasswi views his arguments with complete incredulity. 'Huh, the richie rich only knows how to globe-trot for business meetings, with a parade of assistants in tow just to offer a glass of water. Has he even taken a holiday in recent memory to understand its sheer pleasure?'