Chapter 9: Malaise

Alpha Teton Davis

She's quite the whole trip. Too quiet. She has only spoken to me if I ask her a direct question. She doesn't want anything to eat, or the window rolled down, or the temperature of the car changed. I get the feeling she wouldn't ask even if she wanted any of these things. I sort through my paperwork and fill out all of the necessary parts. Occasionally I'll talk to Elijah to discuss the route or the plan.

Realistically I don't get much work done at all. The whole trip in the car her scent is in the air and I am so close to her that I can make out all of her features. Her hair although put up in a ponytail and braided looks like a beautiful chocolatey brown and although there are hairs sticking up at odd directions in the front it looks well maintained. Her skin is mostly clear and has more of a pale complexion my assumption is due to a lack of sunlight.

I imagine that her wolf will be similar colored to her hair and I can't wait to meet her.
Her frame is too small she has little to no muscle and she could only weigh 110lbs soaking wet. She's malnourished and needs to gain muscle to protect herself.
Throughout the rest of the trip I notice small things about her that I make note of. She got happy at something she saw out the window and perked up her eyes zeroed in on something and she almost smiled. When she heard a loud sound from a car moving the opposite direction of us she flinched and shrunk into her seat more. When she is unsure of how people will respond she curls her shoulders and tucks her chin. Although this is a learned response. Her wolf however is curious but quickly recedes back, another learned behavior. Soon we are approaching the pack and her world is about to change forever.

Omega Dahlia

Pulling into his territory I'm still uncertain how I feel. The entire trip here was quiet while he did paperwork and occasionally discussed with his beta. I've learned his title is Beta Elijah. Not that I'm sure what to call him if Alpha Davis gets upset with how I address individuals. The view on the drive here was very different from my pack. The mountains are steeper, the air is colder from what I could feel when the door was opened, and the trees were similar but not the same.

As the car pulls into the drive, the houses become more dense and they surround a large 4 story building. The area although similar to Wild Sunflower Pack, is totally different all the same. The layout of the houses surrounding the pack house is more protected, the pack house and I presume school are what looks like the center of the pack. They are surrounded by pine trees and other dense foliage with the pack-house being the largest building. The trees are all large and even though the central area has been cleared for the houses and other buildings the majority of the space still looks wild.

The main house is brown on the outside with a large wrap around porch. The exterior looks well kept but the building itself looks old as if it hasn't been changed since before the serum possibly even older than that. The surrounding houses look newer and from the few I could see they mostly look like log homes, all single story. Between the houses there appears to be dirt trails packed down with heavy traffic. Around the pack house is sidewalk and some roadways but most of the area looks untouched.

I'm pulled from my gazing as my door is opened and on the other side is Alpha Teton. He searches to meet my gaze but I'm overwhelmed by the amount of people approaching the vehicle. While I was lost in thought observing the new surroundings the Mountain Clan Pack came to meet their returning pack members and Alpha. Looking away from Alpha Teton all around mates of his warriors I presume meet each other. They rub cheeks against each other, some hug, and others display their open affection. A pair shift on the spot and run off together, my horror at the sight brings me to look to Alpha Teton. I'm sure that once I look to him he will be enraged that his pack mates are shifting outside of appropriate times like training or without permission.