Chapter 1: Omega Born

I was told the day I was born was during a happy time. My parents young and in love had decided to have a child. Newly mated they were together for only a little over a year before I was conceived, nothing new to our species. As I was told many times when I was young, my mother went into the hospital healthy, I was born with a birthmark in the shape of a lily on my side near my hip. Then my mother got the lilies kiss and passed away to be with the moon goddess. The lilies kiss is a postpartum complication wherein my mother appeared completely healthy after labor and then she wasn't and bled out. It's extremely rare but does happen. Because of the weird birthmark and accompaniment of the name of the complication I was deemed cursed.

     The next part of my life was rather complicated. Because my father loved my mother so much as he should, they were mates, he resented me for the death of my mother. But because my father loved my mother so much he tried his best not to let the wild take him and still raise me. You see Robert White the founder of the serum, couldn't explain most of what the serum did or why it did. But what we now deem is termed 'mates' is like a soulmate. Your other half. So when my mother died he had 2 options, let his wolf take over and drive himself crazy without the other half of his soul. Or he could slowly waste away as the half of his soul he had left, faded and died, him with it.

     Robert couldn't understand that without a soul there isn't a reason to live, at least as a wolf. Robert had turned himself after he turned the original 7. He found his mate and unknowingly carved a path for the rest of our new species. He rejected his mate and the mate bond and slowly died wasting away after his greatest discovery. A scary story to keep children in line at a young age. Personally, I see it as justice for all of the horrible things he did in his life but most just see him as a god 'The Almighty'. Bleh.

     My father raised me as best as he could while resenting me. He was bitter and angry and wanted so much to be rid of me. But because of his ties to his mate through me he could not. Right after my 6th birthday, he wasted away, finally at peace with my mother and the mood goddess. Unfortunately, that was the easiest time of my life. When my father passed away I was given the status of Omega in my pack as that was what my parents were. Omegas are the lowest rank of the pack, and no one wants to take on a child that is a cursed Omega.

     My Alpha Colten Charles of the Wild Sunflower Pack, was then my caregiver as was his place in the pack as the leader. He put me into Pack Adoption Services (PAS) in hopes that someone would take me. No one ever did. As a 6-year-old, I didn't truly understand what had happened to me. As I grew up in the pack I learned my place. I wasn't to be seen or heard or spoken to. I was the weakest link of the pack because I didn't have anyone to care for me and no one cared about me. I went to school and when I came home I did my chores helped to cook and clean and then went to my room in the packhouse that was mine from the time I was 6.

     When Alpha Charles found his Luna Samantha Oliver, she took pity on me as any natural Luna would. She let me learn about what she did and how she was like a mentor to a kid that no one wanted. By the time I was 12 I was the Luna's Omega. I helped her with anything she needed and cleaned for her and the Alpha. Don't mistake what I say for her caring for me, she didn't. As Luna, it was her job to take care of all pack members good or bad. She wasn't mean to me, but she didn't care for me either. The Luna saw me for what I was at the time, a cursed Omega and a weakness to the pack. When I was 16 I was out of the (PAS) and moved into my family home which I inherited from my parents. As was my position I stayed the cleaner for the alphas and to earn my keep I did work around the packhouse.

     That is how my life has been until now, I'm turning 18 in a couple of days and living life the same as I ever have. The only difference is that my body is now capable of finding my mate on my birthday, that is if I even have a mate. Moving to finish cleaning the alphas floor I grab my cleaning supplies and finish up buffing out the freshly waxed floor. I quickly grab all of my supplies and put them nicely away in my cleaning cart. Moving out of the main section of their wing I open the small supply closet at the end of the hallway and put everything away in its rightful place. Making my way down their hallway, and down the steps to the main floor.