Eighteen

Trigger Warning ⚠️ : contains physical abuse and extreme violence

"Push, Bystreye" a new man yells. Apparently he's a new trainer brought in by Anotaly. I hate that man. I know mother taught me not to hate anyone but I can't help it. He hurts me and my friends.

"devochka" the man suddenly yells. I keep my head towards the ground praying he isn't talking about me.

"Moretti" he yells again and my heart drops. A pit of dread forms in my stomach as I look up at the man who's eyes bore into my own.

My breath hitches as he walks towards me, a sadistc grin forms on his tattooed face. His eyes hold nothing but hatred as he stares me up and down.

"OUT, EVERYONE" he shouts causing me to flinch. It's been 5 years and I still haven't got used to the yelling.

In less than 10 seconds the room is empty leaving only myself and this man. Im not safe, I'm alone and vulnerable yet my face gives away nothing, just like they trained me too.

"You're probably wondering how I know who you are" he begins to pace around as he speaks. I stay still in place not moving a muscle nor answering him.

"Well, your father.. your father is not who you think he is" the man turns to me knowing that he's gained my attention. Why's he talking about mg father.

"Your father is a bad man, just like me" he states waiting for my reaction but continues when he doesn't find one. "Your father is the leader of the Italian Mafia did you know that" no I didn't.

Papa is a mafia leader.. what. Does he kill people, does he torture children like Anotaly. No, he's not like that I refuse to believe that.

"And do you know why your father is a bad man" he asks a question again taking a step closer to me. His fists are clenched as he glares down at me in disgust. I try to take step back but am roughly yanked back by my arm.

"Your father killed my family" he half yells pulling me into him and wrapping his large hand around my neck and squeezing it.

"And for that he will pay, his daughters life, your life little girl is mine to take" he snaps before squeezing me even harder. I try to fight for air, I try to scream but I'm trapped.

Each second goes by of me lashing and kicking, as the man watches the life from me drain. Just when I feel my conciseness slipping as he lets go throwing me to the ground.

"You thought you could die like that, Nyet, that's too easy" he laughs before unbuckling his belt. Oh no, please lord help me.

"It's not my fault" I scream with all the strength in my body. The man scoffs before yanking me up by my hair. I'm screaming, at Least I think I am.

"I DONT CARE" he yells back before dropping me to the ground once again. His foot connects with my stomach causing the tears to well up in my eyes. That hurt, this all hurts, I want my mama.

"Please no" I try to speak although my voice is already hoarse as I hold in a sob.

Suddenly my back is stinging and burning, I'm I. So much pain. He lashed me with his belt. I cant die like this.

Again and again his belt contacts with my back. I'm screaming and yelling in agony but he doesn't care. He wants to kill.

5 minutes go by, 5 minutes of non stop lashes. I can feel my skin peeling off and the smell of blood parades around the air. I'm losing hope, I have no help. He doesn't care that I'm a child, all he cares about is revenge.

Time goes by and the abuse doesn't end. He's resorted to kicking. I'm only small, my body can't take this. Suddenly my head is slammed against the concrete and finally I begin to slip into the darkness.

Maybe this is it, my time has finally come. Im going home to mama. I smile for the first time in 5 years realising the torture is coming to an end.

Here I come mama, I hope you're waiting for me.

Drenched and out of breath I shoot up from my sleeping position. I swivel around and let my legs dangle from my bed.

What was that about, I haven't had a nightmare like that in years, I say nightmare but it's a memory. A memory of one my of many near death experiences, in fact I'm not sure how I survived that.

My heart is beating out my chest at the moment, I'm starting to get anxious, I hate that feeling. Sighing I check my phone. The numbers read 5:30.

There's no way I'm going back to sleep after that so I throw on a thick jumper, slide on some crocs and quietly head downstairs. Maybe someone's awake.

Grandpa and grandma along with uncle Dom and his sons are staying over whilst the others are staying at uncle Angelos house. They've all flown in from Italy just to see me, how thoughtful.

Anyways i make my way through the pitch black mansion using my phone torch just until I reach the Kitchen which is empty.

I head straight for the fridge which is flipping empty. What sort of multi millionaire doesn't re stock his fridge. I groan and in slo motion slam the fridge.

Just as I'm about to turn around a door creaks open. Oh fuck no, I spin around at lighting speed and nearly jump out of my skin finding Domenico staring down at me.

"Are you crazy" I whisper yell at my cousin holding my heart who seems very unbothered.

"Why are you awake" Nico asks before stuffing a handful of grapes into his mouth.

"Why are you awake" I respond before holding my hand out. Nico looks at me and then my hand before rolling his eyes and handing me some grapes.

"Thank you" I wink before also stuffing some grapes into my mouth.

Domenico switches on the light and slides into a seat at the breakfast island. To my surprise he gestures for me to join him.

I sit opposite him and for a while we sit in silence munching grapes. Perfect cousin bonding if you ask me.

"I know your secret" Domenico states out of nowhere causing me to choke on the grape I'm eating. What the fuck did he just say.

"Wh..what" I cough out gaining my breath back. Domenico smirks and takes a sip of his drink which he pulled out of nowhere.

"You heard me Anna, I know your secret, and you know ours" he states and I swear my heart drops to my uterus.

I try to contain the shock on my face and to not give anything away, maybe he's lying. He's probably interrogating me, Shit that means he knows somethings up. In conclusion I am fucked.

"What do you mean, you're confusing me" I try to play the innocent act but Domenico just raises and eyebrow at me.

"Xan was right, you really are a bad liar" he states and my mouth drops open. Alex is in on this? What are they not telling me, what if they all know.

I'm about to reply when loud footsteps enter the kitchen. We turn to see my dad in a blue dressing grown smiling at us. "What are you two doing awake this early" he asks with no suspicion in his voice whatsoever.

"I was just getting a drink but I'm suddenly tired again, goodnight bye" I say too quickly before jumping down from the stall and sprinting past dad and all the way back to my room before shutting and locking the door.

Two words to describe that interaction... I'm dead.