Sixteen

My eyes flutter open at the sound of a noise

My eyes flutter open at the sound of a noise. Reluctantly I check my phone nearly blinding me in the process. 3am. The devils hour.

Stretching my body i stagger out of bed, Slowly opening my bedroom door and quietly making my way downstairs.

It's pitch black downstairs apart from one room which has a dimly lit light on. I make my way towards the light to find a small library however it's very pretty.

I examine the library but my eyes stop on a figure sitting on a chair reading. Lorenzo. What's he doing up at this time.

Im debating to just turn around and go back to bed after what happened but for some reason I can't.

"Enzo" i mutter in a quiet voice. He immediately sits up in alert scanning the room, however his face relaxes when he spots me.

"What are you doing up Anna" Lorenzo asks quietly closing his book and taking off his glasses.

"I heard a noise" I shrug smiling but stop remembering earlier today.

His eyes examine me for a moment before sighing. "Come here" he literally commands.

I quietly and slowly make my way over to here he's sitting before standing over him. He pulls out a beanbag from out his ass and places it next to him.

"We should talk" he says. No shit Sherlock. I drop down into the beanbag next to him and cross my arms.

"We should" i respond trying not to smile at his confused face.

"Listen Arianna, I'm sorry for snapping on you earlier but I'm not sorry for why I snapped. You're a smart girl Anna, I don't want you to turn out like the twins and Kai, getting in trouble all the time, you have a good future ahead of you" Lorenzo states not breaking eye contact for all of a minute.

I look for any sign of insincerity but find none. I guess he's right, I don't wanna be that child that gets in trouble. Although i genuinely meant to say that in my head.

"I'm sorry Enzo, I'm not trying to become like Kai or the twins. I want to get an education I do, and I'm sorry for calling you a bitch" I reply in the softest voice I can muster up.

Lorenzo chuckles before opening his arms up. I jump and and jump into him nearly causing the chair to fall over.

"I love you Lorenzo" I whisper placing my head on his chest, taking in the warmth of my oldest brother.

"I love you too Arianna" I hear him whisper before placing a soft kiss to my forehead. He loves me, after all these years I'm finally gaining what I lost, love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must've fallen asleep after that incident last night as I've woken up in my bed. I almost fall back asleep but remember it's a weekday. So school.