063

WISTFUL

WISTFUL.
[ irl ]

"where are you even going, matt?" kai asks through the phone, making matt look down at his screen with a small grin.

"we're making him pick up some snacks from the store." nick says. "we ran out of all the good shit."

everyone is currently in a huge joint facetime call. bin is just laying on her stomach in bed, watching everyone talk and laugh.

matt is driving to the store. his phone is in a cup holder, facing him so he can see everyone. he's looking at the road, but he's still listening to the conversation and answering when necessary.

nick and chris are both squished onto the couch in their living room, hunched over nick's phone — the one they decided to use to join the call.

june is sprawled out in her hammock on her porch. she's laying down with the phone on her stomach, pointed up at the sky as she listens to everyone.

willow and kai are sharing willow's phone. they're in their apartment, both eating a slice of pizza from the open box on the coffee table in front of them.

nate has his camera off and his sound muted — nobody knows where he is or what he's doing.

the only people who aren't in the call are madi and tia. madi isn't here because she's at some restaurant and couldn't join. tia isn't in the call because nobody wants her in it. she's officially been kicked out of the friend group and they created a new group chat without her.

"it's so peaceful without tia." kai states. "i didn't meet her or anything, so i have no reason to hate her. but she always pissed me off."

"me too." nick agrees.

"me three." matt joins in. "but i actually do have a reason to hate her."

willow and kai both look at each other, confused. they're the only ones who aren't aware that she was the one who sent the picture to calvin. "wait, why do you hate her?" kai asks.

"you guys don't know?" june asks, genuinely confused because she's new to the friend group. "i kinda thought everyone knew."

"binny, you didn't tell them?" matt asks dramatically even though this isn't a big deal.

"i may have forgotten to tell them." bin admits.

"tell us what!?" kai shouts.