028

WISTFUL

WISTFUL.
[ irl ]

everyone had a date before arriving at the triplets' house for the party. bin and nick came jokingly as a couple; chris brought tia as his date; of course, willow and kai arrived together; madi and nate came together as friends; and matt brought june.

bin quickly knocks on the door. she, kai, and willow wait in the doorstep for a few moments before nick swings the door open.

"bin!" nick greets her excitedly, letting them walk inside from the cold air outside. kai immediately shoves past bin to rush into the kitchen as soon as he smells food, dragging willow behind him.

"i love the outfit, nick." bin says.

bin is wearing a casual dress. it's tight, but not flashy at all. it's a deep forest green color. the neckline is a v shape, the length falling to her mid-thigh. matching with her is nick, who is wearing black pants with a green linen shirt. 

"it's almost like you're the one who picked out the color!" nick said sarcastically because bin is the one who chose the color. he then noticed the gift bag in her hand. he pretends not to know exactly who its for as he says, "tell me the truth. who's your secret santa?"

"matt." bin whispers, rolling her eyes. "i can't believe my fucking luck! of all people, him!?"

nick laughs, "everyone else put their gifts in the kitchen."

they walk to the kitchen. when they enter the room, they spot kai dipping his finger in the cookie dough that was left out on the countertop. he notices bin and nick but doesn't seem to care as he continues to scrape the dough like he hasn't eaten in years.

ignoring him, nick shows bin the spot on the counter where everyone's gifts are piled. she adds hers to the collection, noticing nothing with her name on it. she was hoping to see a huge box with 'bin' written across the wrapping paper. but there's nothing with her name.

"who bought my present?" bin asks.

"i don't know." nick lies. "the results were randomized. i didn't look at them before sending them out to everyone. that would have ruined the surprise."

"well whoever it is better have a good explanation as to why my gift isn't here." bin grumbles. "i was hoping to get a new tv."

"nobody's gonna buy a fucking tv for a secret santa exchange." kai says, joining the conversation with attitude. "don't be greedy."

bin rolls her eyes, "let's go somewhere else, nick. i'm sick of being near kai."

nick laughs, finding their banter to be the funniest thing ever. he follows behind bin as she exits the kitchen and makes her way to the living room. she walks into the room, seeing that this is where everyone else is. madi, nate, chris, tia, matt and june are all in the living room, sitting on the couches. they seem to be watching a christmas movie. she looks at the tv screen, recognizing the film instantly. it's elf.