03

After using the restroom, Vicki made her way out of the club, to the back alley where Franklin parked his bike

After using the restroom, Vicki made her way out of the club, to the back alley where Franklin parked his bike. "Oh my god." She said as she watched Franklin limp back towards the club. "What happened?" She frantically asked him as she helped him balance more.

"Them bitch ass niggas that was talking to Claudia jumped me." Franklin choked on his words.

"Wait, Lenny and RayRay?" She asked him, unsure. She remembered Lenny and RayRay as some corny ass niggas that they went to school with. She never really had conversations with them, but they were cool.

"You know em?" Franklin asked her, confused.

"Yeah, they went to school with us while you were in the valley and before I moved." Vicki answered him, before turning to look back at the club, "You think Claudia had something to do with it?" She asked him.

"I don't know." Franklin started limping toward the club with Vicki following behind him to make sure that he was okay.

"It doesn't make sense. She wouldn't risk the cops coming to her place of business just to have what is a drop in the ocean compared to what she already has." Vicki tried to reason with him, so that they weren't at risk of getting killed.

"Yeah, you right." Franklin agreed with her, "You know where they stay at?" Franklin asked about Lenny and RayRay.

"No, but I do know someone that could help with the quest to find someone." Vicki informed him with a smile on her face as she thought about Leon.

"I don't want to involve him in this." Franklin informed her, "I didn't even want to involve you in this Vick." Franklin pleaded with her.

"Franklin, he knows more about this street shit then us." Vicki pleaded back with him.

Franklin sighed and nodded his head in agreeance, knowing that she was right when it came to it. "Aight, I'll drive the bike home." Vicki took the keys from Franklin, knowing that he could not drive in his condition.

***

Vicki and Franklin walked together heading to Leon's apartment. Vicki was excited to see Ms.Marla. She had not seen his mother since before she moved away and she was happy to see all of Leon's siblings.

Franklin and Vicki made their way into the complex that the family resided in. "Lorraine, did you tak my...who took my hot comb?" Ms.Marla asked her niece Lorraine.

Vicki smiled as she spotted Lorraine and Leon's other cousin Will sitting at the kitchen table talking, "Woodpeckers got like extra-thick heads for the pecking." Lorraine talked to Will.

"For real?" Will questioned his sister.

"Sup y'all." Franklin greeted the two children at the table. Vicki smiled at the little kids causing them to smile when they noticed her.