'excellent student'

𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩- 
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘥

word count- 1003

jen💜

3:52 pm. jen: i hope ur classes today weren't too hard :)
text me when u get home?

4:33 pm. jen: are u home yet?

5:57 pm. jen: okay ur starting to worry me.

(1) missed call from jen💜

6:29 pm. jen: y/n?
baby please respond

(2) missed calls from jen💜

(5) missed calls from jen💜

7:41 pm. jen: i'm coming over.

to say jenna was worried is an understatement. the poor girl was on the verge of tears. it was most definitely not normal for you to be unresponsive for several hours. tears were flooding jennas' vision, making it much harder for her to drive. luckily she knew the way to your apartment like the back of her hand.

she couldn't stop her mind from reaching every worst possible scenario. had you been hurt? maybe you didn't even make it to class? abducted on your way back?

the brunette approached your door silently praying your phone had just died. she had a spare key to your apartment, inserting it with caution.

"y/n?" she called for you, poking her head through the door. no response. jennas' head was running a million miles a minute. practically spinning with what could be the cause of your random disappearance. no response, expected. the actress crept around your house, heart pounding in her chest.

jenna approached your bedroom door, slowly pushing it open and calling for you again. her stomach swelled with relief when she found you inside.

you jolted awake from your hunched over state at your desk. papers stick to your face, hand cramped around your pencil. your desk was a mess. battered in assignments and school supplies. papers sprawled out every which way and notebooks stacked on one side. your large desktop computer in the center of all the chaos, with a million tabs open.

your hair was a mess. ikea sized bags hung below your eyes, very obvious you weren't getting enough sleep. your hands were trembling from lack of food and head aching from dehydration.

"jenna? what are you doing here?" you turned in your seat to face the door. jenna was standing in the doorframe, her face clearly read concerned but her eyes had a faint glint of relief. "wait, what time is it?"

you whipped back to your monitor, checking the time. you were asleep for four hours. panic quickly set in. you shot up from your seat, the chair falling over in the process. "shit, shit, shit! " you exclaimed pacing around the middle of your bedroom.

your hands ran down your face, dragging the skin beneath them down. mumbling profanities to yourself you began stifling through your papers and pens.

"what? what's wrong? why are you freaking out?!" jenna rushed out her words in a moment of confusion.

"i have a huge lit assessment tomorrow and i was supposed to be studying this whole time! i can't believe i fell asleep, i-" your rambling came to a gradual halt as you felt jennas hands slip under your own from behind.

her arms wrapped securely around your waist and her chin rested atop your shoulder. whispering "relax" in a breathy tone. the tension in your muscles seemed to evaporate at the contact.

you melted slowly into the actress's embrace. her breathing becoming a more apparent sound as you subconsciously matched that rhythm with your own breaths. the small shushing jenna released from behind her teeth soothed your aching head.

"y/n, when's the last time you fell asleep at a reasonable time?" she questioned. rubbing slow calming circles on your torso.

"define reasonable,"

jenna let an irritated sigh escape her when she felt your stomach growl under her hands.

"did you have dinner?" her head lifted form your shoulder and pressed her face into your hair. feathering soft kisses against your head.

"no, last thing i ate was before my 9 am," you flinched a bit, nose scrunching and eyes tightening. knowing the brunette would reprimand you for not eating for nearly 12 hours. you had ran out of your apartment with a granola bar shoved between your teeth in a hurry for your first class.

jenna unwrapped herself from you, causing you to frown. she then interlocked her hand in yours and began leading you to the kitchen.

"sit," she mumbled. you did as you were told, taking a seat at the kitchen counter. your girlfriend followed up with asking what you wanted to eat. you shrugged, trying your best not to be difficult. jenna began making you high-protein foods.

"eat, then lets get you to bed," the brunette slid a plate of food in front of you. soon enough she was standing at your side, arms enclosed around your shoulders. she made sure you ate everything on your plate.

"jen, as amazing as sleep sounds, i really need to study for this test-" you were cut off by your girlfriend stuffing more food into your mouth.

"i trust that you'll do fine on the test, you need sleep." there was no protesting her statement. as quickly as the food was made, it was gone and jenna was cleaning the dishes.

"that's the thing i'm not a "fine" student. i'm an excellent student that needs to get an excellent grade!"

"no, bedtime."

just like that you were being whisked away to your bedroom. upon entry you began stressing at the sight of papers on your desk. unfinished assignments felt like broken promises. to both yourself and your professors.

the actress took immediate notice of the concern pooling in your eyes staring at the mess of assignments. she held you close her body, subtly leading you into bed and under the sheets. whispering comforting assurances with each step.

soon enough your head has buried in the hollows of jennas' neck. arms wrapped around her like she would disappear at any moment. your girlfriends' hand were doing their best at calming you.

one hand slipped under your shirt, pressing and massaging sore areas to release tension. while the other laced itself in your hair, gently scratching at your scalp. you didn't realize you could fall asleep so fast until you were out like a light in seconds.