Eight

Humans were just like animals.

If they were backed into a corner they either played dead or started to bite back.

She didn't have the option to do either. It was written all over her sweaty face that loosing wasn't an option to her sponsor. If she wanted to keep him she had to stay true to her word and smash you to dust.

But her body said otherwise. Every single step she did now made the ground tremble in an unsure, painful way. She could barely keep her fists up as you two met in the center of the ring once again.

A thin layer of blood covered her teeth as she tried to gift you another grin that was supposed to crush your spirit.

Unfortunately for her, you just started to get warm.

Pleased that your plan turned out a success, you opened your cover to teasingly tell her to get closer. It was wiser to stick with your tactics and let her come onto you.

Groaning, her arms wiggled in the air as she reached out to throw a punch. With ease you leaned back, dodged it and dug under her cover to place two hits on her chest.

Dark circles were left where you had hit. It was both an ego boost but also made your knuckles tingle with pain.

She was made of metal but a hit still meant loss of stamina. Once the strain was too much to hear she'd crumble.

That was your chance.

Again, her cover opened. So you rushed forward, this time aiming straight for her eyes. A well placed hit between them, right on the root of her nose and she'd be out cold.

But that was where you got impatient. And it was a mistake that cost you greatly.

All of a sudden the weakness of her muscles tightened. Fists curled, she reached out to throw one last punch your way.

With all the remaining force that her body had left in it, she charged down.

Metallic fists hit you with full force, straight to your head.

The force was so mighty that it threw you to the ground, no mercy. Blood splashed, leaving long red marks all over the ring.

A gasp escaped you. Everything spun and for a brief second your optics started to flicked with shadows and static lights.

Immediately a violent headache chased through your temple and made your throat tie together in a knot. You felt like throwing up right on the spot while the feeling of warm blood crept down your face.

The crowd yelled, both with excitement and in shock.

Everything became unclear before your eyes as you tried to force yourself back to your feet before she was able to get close enough to land another hit.

The beating of your heart echoed inside your ears, mixed with your breathing and the chanter of the people.

"Fuck...", as you swallowed your mouth filled with the taste of iron and raw meat.

Your legs flinched. But you failed to get yourself up. Your fingers missed the rope as you tried to get one to pull yourself up.

"Fuck... fuck. Fuck!", blood poured out from between your lips, drooled onto your shorts as your body refused to swallow again.

Your breath hitched in your throat as you picked up the feeling of the ground shaking below. She got closer.

It was embarrassing but that had been a damn good blow. One more and you'd be out. Terrible change of the situation but that was what you got for being cocky.

Fuck, just once you wanted to have the upper hand and now it came back to bite you in the fucking ass like a street dog.

Although, a street dogs bite didn't hurt you that much no more. Experience helped to get used to it.

The beating of your heart was so wild you barely managed to take a breath large enough to fill your lungs.

A watery silhouette hovered over you. Dark corners melted with the colours of the crowd while blood covered your lips and fear widened your eyes.

Fists rose. Or at least you thought so. It was hard to tell. Your optics didn't work as they were intended to.

Again, your hands clenched into fists. Ready for the blow, you squeezed your eyes shut and tried to roll away. But as soon as you turned once you could feel how vomit filled your mouth.

It was awful and made your skin scrawl but you had to swallow it to avoid being embarrassed for the rest of your life.

The ground next to you trembled. Irritated, with water running down your cheeks, you guessed that she had failed to hit you and had hit the ground instead.

People started to groan. They wanted a real fight. What they didn't know was that you did fight. For your life.

One single hit and you'd be done for. Both lucky and unlucky at the same time, your opponent seemed to struggle to get a good hit down anyways. Her hands trembled while thick drops of sweat drenched her shirt.

She was nearing her end. It could have been so good hit you needed to go and get overly confident. Perhaps that was why you had failed to keep up with the real champions.

A raging headache hammered against your skull as you finally managed to pull yourself back to your feet, nausea trying you throat, making you feel like dying was a good option.

A stream of blood crossed your lips, snaked down your neck and dripped onto your shoes.

You struggled to keep your eyes open. All the instincts of your body screamed that you were about to pass out.

"Shit!", with your teeth clenched you raised your hands into the air to at least keep the last bit of the dignity that you had left.

She was so close.

Why didn't she attack?

You were helpless, wobbling on your teeth, backed into a corner.

Or was it just your imagination?

Maybe the depth sensors of your optics were fucked now.

Blood rushed through your ears. You believed to feel a loose tooth as your tongue went along the front rows. Shit, you didn't have the money to replace teeth.

Fire burned in her eyes as you opponent raised her fists to go for the finally blow. Your body clenched.

The bell rang.