THIRTY-SIX

sebastian hayes

.  .  .  .  .  .

"Good morning sweetheart."

Loïse climbs up on me, leaving kisses all over my body. 

"Happy 22, you old man", she laughs, finally placing a kiss on my lips. 

"Good morning baby", I feel the corners of my lips tug up. She looks deliciously beautiful already, even though it must be around 10 in the morning. 

"How are you feeling, being a year older and all?", she asks. "Even though technically, you didn't just level up a year in one day; you spent the whole year getting a year older. So basically, how are you feeling now that it's been a year since you started aging after 21?"

"It feels good when I've got a nice girl on top of me", I tease, then ask her seriously: "How are you feeling?"

"Y'know, I'm feeling pretty well. I have to let it rest after a while, I can't let it haunt me forever." 

I nod my head, pulling her back in for another kiss. She whimpers into it softly and it turns me the fuck on. 

"So, when am I getting my gift?", I ask jokingly, giving the side of her hips a pat. 

"Crap, I totally forgot about that", she acts surprised. "You're gonna have to do it without any gift today, woops."

"You're a terrible actor", I tell her, rolling my eyes playfully. 

"You're right, I do have a gift. In fact, I have two."

I raise my eyebrow. 

"The first one is in the kitchen right now, the second one'll have to wait."

"Kitchen?", I frown. 

"Yeah, let's go down!", she tells me, wiggling her hips obliviously. I grit my teeth. 

"Or you can let me go down on you", I suggest. 

"I think not, ma'am. Besides, your gift's still waiting for you and it's about to burn if we don't get to it soon."

She pulls me out of bed and I groan. We get downstairs and a whole ass decorated cake stands there on the kitchen counter, holding two candles which say "22". 

"You like it?", she asks with a smile. I nod my head, kissing her again. 

"Want a taste?"

"Of what?", I tease. She rolls her eyes in response. 

"Someone woke up, ready to get down and dirty apparently."

"Sure did, with you looking all delicious", I tell her. 

She looks down at herself. "I'm literally wearing one of your stinky shirts."

Loïse grabs us plates and a knife to cut the cake. She makes me blow out the candles, not by a regular "happy birthday" song, but to Taylor Swift's "22". Fitting. It also had to be the Taylor's version, whatever that means, or she'd throw a fit.