eleven.

POV: Alexandria Colbin

I climbed out of my sister's car, taking a deep breath as I entered my house. Hudson got out from behind Bennett, and TJ from behind me, but Ben stayed in the driver's seat.

Both of my brothers made a beeline for the front door, passing me on the way to the living room. As I made my way through the house and towards my room, I mulled things over in my head.

Erik had texted me today, asking about tutoring. I didn't get the chance to respond until after Health, so I texted him at the very beginning of Study Hall. He didn't respond, though.

I stepped into my room, closing the door and leaning against it. I ticced a few times before sighing, then flopped down at my desk and pulled out some homework sheets from the Spanish 1 class that I'm helping to teach. Most of my job is just grading. I'm not complaining, though, it's pretty easy. Like teaching a two-year-old how to talk.

As I read through the kids' answers, I let my mind wander to the insanity of last night. I went with a complete stranger to his house at 3am, calmed down his wailing sister, then came home. Now I'm supposed to be his tutor? This whole situation is awkward.

I finished the last paper and placed my head on my desk. Or rather, tried to, since a tic forced my head to one side, and I ended up knocking me ear on the side of the desk.

"Ow..." I mumbled. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, then checked my phone for the first time since we got home. Colorful stripes still ran down the left side of my screen, but most of it was still usable.

I opened up Snapchat first.

Lainey Woodson

I cringed mentally

I cringed mentally. I'd forgotten that we were supposed to meet up after school.

I didn't have any other snaps, but I had a request from Dakota, which I accepted

I didn't have any other snaps, but I had a request from Dakota, which I accepted. I sent her a quick message, to which she responded with "send me ur # so I can add you to the lunch table gc". I smiled and sent it to her.