Something Different

Leyla's P.O.V

We finished up training at the Roost, Summer with the best performance. "Nice job today everyone! You all worked very hard, especially Summer! You're really improving!" Dak congratulated. "Thanks Dak. I do try my best." Summer said. "That's pretty evident." Winger told her. "Cutter and Burple were really good with that team move though. Burple, great idea knocking the target toward Cutter's spike! If you hadn't he would have missed!" Summer said. "Oh yeah! I totally meant to do that! It definitely wasn't an accident." Burple replied. "Aggro was really great too! She hit every target dead on! And remember when she saved me from that bolder?" Cutter said. Aggro looked down and avoided eye contact. "You really think I did well?" She asked. That was different. She has never acted like this before. "Of course! When do you not do well?" Cutter complimented her. She kept looking down and mumbled a "thanks." Cutter walked to the sleep cave with Winger and Burple, all of them talking about how tired they were. Aggro turned around to follow and I caught a hint of red on her face. Was she blushing? I signaled for Summer and she trotted over. "What's up Leyla?" She asked. "Did you see Aggro's reaction to Cutter's compliments? I thought I saw her blushing." I told her. "Yeah, now that you mention it... She has been acting pretty strange lately. Hmmm... I wonder if she's got a crush on Cutter..." she said. "Well if that is the case then what should we do about it, Summer?" I asked her. Summer shrugged. "We'll think of something, Sum. I know we will." I looked her in the eyes. "Then let's make a plan to get those two love-birds together." I said.

Cutter's P.O.V

"I am SO tired! I could sleep for a year!" Winger commented. "Yeah, me too! I can just hear my bed calling my name... Burple... Burple! Come sleep in me! But maybe have a snack first." Burple replied. "Hey Cutter! Did you see Aggro's face when you complimented her? She looked like Summer with the dragon flu!" Winger said to me. "What? Are you sure you saw right?" I asked. "Oh, I DEFINITELY saw right." Winger said. "Do you know what this means?" He asked slyly. "I know what this means!... what does it mean?" Burple asked. "It means Aggro likes you Cutter!" Winger exclaimed. "What?! No, I'm sure she was just flattered. We also trained pretty hard, I'm sure some of it was from the heat." I protested against Winger's statement. Aggro couldn't possibly like me! "Ok then. Burple! What do you think?" Winger asked. "Uh, I don't know, maybe she likes Cutter?" Burple said, unsure how to answer. "All I know is that it's my bedtime. Goodnight guys." Burple said. "Yeah, I should be getting some sleep as well. Goodnight." I watched as Burple and Winger lay down in their hay beds. I looked over at mine. I was really tired, but I couldn't possibly sleep. Was it true? I laid down in my bed, wondering the question on my mind: Does Aggro actually like me?

Aggro's P.O.V

I laid on the roof for a long time, gazing up at the stars. I acted so stupid when Cutter said I did a good job. Why did I do that? "Aggro? There you are! Why aren't you in the sleep cave?" Summer came up to me. I jumped at the sound of her voice, not expecting anyone to find me here. "Oh! I uh... I just wanted to get a good look at the stars! If you look up and to the right you can see the Little Dipper." I lied. "Yeah sure. Why are you really up here?" Summer didn't fall for it. I sighed in defeat. "It's because... I feel bad about earlier. I acted like a complete idiot around Cutter!" I said. "Huh? All he said was you did well in training. We're the Rescue Riders, we always compliment each other. Why are you acting different now?" She looked really confused. "It's because... I like Cutter."