20.Sone do na

Dishika: Care and Cure group of hospitals ke CEO aap hai ?

(Are you the CEO of the Care and Cure group of hospitals?)

Adhiraj knew better not to lie at this point because he knew Dishika wasn't questioning him she knows it's him she just wants him to accept it .

Adhiraj: han

(Yes)

Dishika: kya mujhe job wahan aap ke kehne par mili hai?

(Did you give me the job there?)

Adhiraj: han but

(Yes but)

Dishika: But kya Mr Singhania! Aap samajhte kya Hain apne aap ko jab aap ka man Kiya kisi ko job se nikal Diya jab aapka man Kiya kisko job dedi .well guess what Mr Singhania this doesn't work like this. Ye decisions aap nahi le sakte . Do you even realise ki aapke iss act ke wajah se log mere bare mein kya baatein bana rahe hai. They think I slept my way up to that job.

(But what Mr. Singhania? what do you think of yourself. Whenever you feel like you will remove someone from their job whenever you feel like you will give them a job. Well guess what Mr Singhania this doesn't work like this.do you even realise because of this act of yours what people are talking about me...they think I slept my way up to this job)

Dishika broke down saying this.

She has always been a girl who kept her dignity above everything and hearing such nasty comments about her made her think what the other people around her must be thinking of her

Adhiraj bent down to her and held her in his arms as an instinct but Dishika quickly pushed him away and spoke again.

Dishika: Aapne Jo kaha Maine woh sab mana. Aapne prenup sign karwaya Maine vo Kiya aapne kaha ki 1 saal baad hum divorce karenge maine vo mana aapne Aaj Tak jo Jo kaha main woh sab maanti aai hoon badle mein I just asked for one thing ki aap meri aur meri family ko thodi izzat de dein.But no you failed at that . Is it that hard to just let me be at peace? Kya bigada tha maine aapka . Agar itni hi problem thi toh aapne shadi hi kyun ki .

( I did whatever you asked me to do .. I signed that prenup , you told me we'll get divorced after a yes I agreed to that too .. whatever you said I agreed to that but in return just asked for one thing that is to respect me and my family a little. But you failed at that . Is it that hard to let me just be at peace. What wrong have I done to you ? If you had so many problems why did you marry me?)

Dishika marched out of the room after saying this. She was in a mess. She went down to the kitchen and sat there with a big tub of Nutella in her hand and started eating it. You could say this was her coping mechanism.

Lost in her dreams she heard someone cough. Looking up she found Rajveer there looking at her. She bit her tongue and was about to get up when Rajveer tapped her head lightly and sat down next to her.

Rajveer : kya hogaya . Kya kiya mere bete ne ab?

(What happned ?What did my son do now ?)

Dishika was shook for a moment but then covered it up saying.... Nahi papa, unhone kuch nahi kiya bas hospital ka stress hai thoda ....

( No dad nothing.. it's just hospital stress)

Rajveer and Dishika Conversed normally after that for a few mins . In the flow of the conversation Dishika asked Rajveer..

Dishika: papa aap log rote ho kya ?

( Dad do you all cry ?)

Rajveer looked at her trying to understand what she meant when she clarified

Dishika: mera matlab jaise main har choti baat pe ro deti hoon waise aap ladke bhi rote hain kya ?

( I mean... I cry at small things so do you boys cry like that to )

Rajveer laughed loudly and looked at her and spoke..

Rajveer: ab beta hum insaan Hain bandar toh nahi Jo koi emotions hi na dikhaye ..dard aur dukh mein aansu nikalna common hai .

( see child we aren't monkeys to not show emotions. We are humans and it's normal to cry when you are sad )

Dishika nodded and stood up to wash the spoon when Rajveer asked her a question.

Rajveer: beta tu Adhiraj ki baton ko dil pe mat Lena.

( child Don't take Adhiraj's words to your heart)

Dishika stopped the water and looked behind at him

Rajveer: I know beta he can be sometimes hard to deal with par andar se vo ek chota baccha hai jise thode pyar ki aur shayad thode bachpane ki bhi . Beta I know ki tumhe lag raha hoga ye sab main kya bol Raha hoon lekin this isn't my part to tell you. Ye Adhiraj khud batayega tujhe .

( I know child he can be hard to deal with sometimes but from inside he is still a child who needs love and maybe his childhood. I know you must be thinking what I am talking about but this isn't my part to tell you. Adhiraj will tell this to you himself)

Dishika had a similar conversation with Rohan about the same thing and now she was sure that Adhiraj behaves as such because of his past. And she is determined to change it now.

Dishika : papa, unhone mujhe bataya hai. Mujhe pata hai aap kya kehna chah rahe hain. Don't worry main sambhal lungi unhe .

( Dad he has told me already.. I understand what you are trying to say. Don't worry I will handle everything)

Dishika said with a glint in her eye and Rajveer knew that his decision of getting them married was the best. Both of them then went to sleep as it was 2 am.

Dishika opened her room door to find Adhiraj sleeping ... .but on the couch.

Why is he sleeping there? Dishika thought internally.

She slowly went to him and shook his shoulder to wake him up. He slightly opened his and smiled and slept again. When Dishika moved a little closer she could smell alcohol and knew that he was drunk and passed out on the couch. Deciding that it's a waste to try to wake him up she tried picking up this hulk of a man .... TRIED!

Being unsuccessful she screamed near his ears and asked him to go sleep on the bed. Adhiraj pouted like a baby and walked till the bed with her help. Dishika laughed internally seeing this side of him

As she put him to bed she covered him with a duvet and was going back to the couch suddenly when she was pulled on to him and he turned to the side and cuddled her. Dishika got goosebumps all over her body and moved her hands to come out inturn making his hold on her tighter.

Dishika tried a lot but all in vain. She decided to try one last time and poked his shoulder and told him to leave her. But in return all she got to hear was

Sone do naaaa
(Let me sleeppp)

Adhiraj whined like a baby.

Adhiraj: ab agar tum chup chap nahi soi na toh main bahut datunga .so jao shuuuu

( now if you don't let me sleep I'll be very angry at you. So sleep shuu)

Dishika left a big breath and tried sleeping. She was awake till a long time when somehow sleep engulfed her.
.
.
Next morning Dishika woke up to some ticklish feeling near her neck .
When she turned she saw that Adhiraj was sleeping near the nape of her neck.

He looks so handsome while sleeping too. ... She thought to herself

Adhiraj slowly opened his eyes and looked at her. He first smiled and closed his eyes but then again opened his eyes and looked at her with a different emotion.....
Both of them were looking at each other;
One with confusion and the other with determination...
.
...
.
.
.
.
.
That was today's chapter guys. Do let me know your thoughts about this in the comments. Like vote and comment. Until next time bbyeee 🩷