Chapter 8: That Was The Start

Earth, New Mexico

With the Mercs sudden disappearance from Earth, Gray Mann had proceeded with his plan just like in the comics. Saxton Hale forfeiting the company to Olivia who gave the company to Gray Mann, only much earlier which meant he has more robots at his disposle.

Gray Mann was sat in the CEO office planning as his robots stood guard. Soon green smoke appeared filling the office.

Gray: What is this!?

Soon a figure appeared from the smoke.

Merasmus: Merasmus, is here!

Gray: What the!? Robots, initiate attack mode!

The robots started to fire at Merasmus as he fought back summoning bombs.

Merasmus: Bombs! So many bombs! Hahahahaha!

The bombs started to blow up the robots as Gray ducked behind his desk with robot parts flying everywhere.

Gray: Ah! Who the hell is attacking!?

Soon the explosions stopped as Gray peaked up from behind.

Gray: What do you want you... monster!?

Merasmus: I am Merasmus the Magician! And you Gray Mann have business with me!

Gray: About what!?

Merasmus: The elimination of the mercenaries!

Gray: What are you talking about! They're gone!

Merasmus pointed his staff at Gray Mann.

Merasmus: Exactly! They are in a new world and I have a way through!

Gray: Now why would I work with you!?

Merasmus: For revenge!

Gray looked at Merasmus with a smile.

Gray: You have my attention.

An hour before their meeting.

Remnant, Beacon Academy

As the sun rose with Ironwood, Winter, and Qrow staying the night and most of the Mercs waking up after arresting Cinder and her small posse, Engie on the other hand was already awake and prepared the second test for the gateway.

Engie: Toolbox, check. Shotgun, check.

Engie then walked out the door in his construction outfit and saw the machine sparking.

Engie: God damnit!

Engie quickly rushed out to the gateway, grabbing some tools trying to stop the sparks.

Engie: C'mon!

Soon the sparks stopped as Engie wiped his brow.

Engie: Woo, that was close! ... I need the metal.

Engie had set his items down walking back inside to grab the metal need to continue building.

Soon Winter was seen in the living room drinking a cup of coffee.

Engie: Good mornin' Specialist.

Winter: Good morning Mr. Conagher, I assume you are working on your machine.

Engie: Correct, I could use some help since the others are either asleep or waking up right now.

Winter: Of course.

Winter then set her coffee down, getting up.

Engie then grabbed two metals sheets he needed to cover the gateway's console wires except for the door, which was already on, as he led her outside.