Chapter 9

Harlee moved at a quick pace towards Mal and Evie's dorm, after leaving the library, she was itching to talk to them. She burst through the door and the four girls that occupied the room turned to her. Harlee was slightly disheveled, she was panting and still covered in snow that was in the process of melting.

"You and you. I don't care who you are but out!" At the look on her face both girls left the room immediately, Harlee shut the door behind them with a 'bang'. Evie and Mal shared a concerned look.

"Are you okay, Lee?" Mal asked tentatively.

"No. Yes. I don't know!" She stammered as she started pacing, Emerald hopping out of her arms and hopping towards Evie who picked her up and placed her on her bed.

"What's wrong, Harls?" Evie asked worriedly. "And why are you covered in white stuff?"

"It's snow, it only appears during winter but with his powers he can create it. I mean who would have thought it would be him? And then this weird feeling in my chest? And why do I even care? I don't. I shouldn't. Right? I mean technically I'm the villain in his story. Why should I care if he hides a beautiful part of himself? Why did I grab his hands? That's so unlike me. His hands were incredibly soft and so is his hair. I mean I wish I could have run my hands through it and he has such a perfect smile. It's entirely enchanting. He must have used a spell. I mean just because his powers are of ice doesn't mean he can't cast spells right? That's it! He cast an enchantment to make me feel this way. Right?" Evie and Mal stared at their friend with wide concerned eyes. They have never seen Harlee so disheveled and uncollected.

"Who's him?" Evie asked, having a gut feeling that her friend was forming a crush and was experiencing emotions she's never experienced before.

"He has powers?" Mal questioned curiously. Harlee took a breath before she explained everything to them and her thoughts about it.

"You have a crush" Evie teased. Harlee had finished recounting the experience and had changed into pajamas that Evie had sewed for her a week ago and was planning to give to her as a present but considering that Harlee's clothes were wet and Evie didn't want her to catch a cold she gave them to her early.

"No I don't, it's a spell" Harlee denied. Its illogical, she had just met him. 'Maybe I'm sick' Harlee wondered.

"Listen, the best love spell out there you would have to digest. Did you drink or eat anything?" Mal questioned as she looked through her mothers spell book. Harlee frowned as her enchantment theory was now thrown out the window.

"No, I didn't" The dark haired girl shook her head in denial.

"HA" Evie said with a smug smile, before Harlee could defend herself Carlos came in holding a dog? Harlee was glad for the interruption as Carlos was now being questioned by Evie.

"Yo-ho-ho!" Jay suddenly walked in with an elated smile as he showed off his blue jersey that contained his name and #8 on the back.Carlos whistled at him and Harlee gave him a high five.

"Did your plan work with Jane? Are you going over to see the wand?" Jay questioned as he leaned against one of the post of Mal's bed.

"Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book, if I hadn't completely struck out?" Mal snapped.

"Oh, someone's in a bad mood" Carlos muttered as he focused on the laptop on his lap. Jay moved from his spot and stood at the bay window.

"My mom's counting on me! I can't let her down!" She hit the back of his head and he gave her an offended look. Jay moved back near Mal's bed, the coach's advice ringing through his head