Chapter 17

Stephanie

Our mini honeymoon was amazing. It was only two short days, but it was filled with gorgeous sights, killer food, and spectacular orgasms. I really think Linc has a breeding kink or something because every chance he got, he was pushing his come back inside me.

He would get all growly and territorial when we were walking around, and strange men would look at me. Whispering about how his come was still inside me and that they better not come close because I was his. I would never tell him, but I kind of found his possessiveness hot. It wasn’t overbearing or threatening. It's just really sexy. Who knew?

Monday came around way too quickly, but I feel more relaxed than ever. A little break was just what I needed to recharge my creative juices. Linc and I got matching neck chains to keep our wedding bands against our chest throughout the day. We wanted to keep our wedding to ourselves until our formal wedding next month. I'm only working through to Thursday of the wedding week. So I have a lot to do before then, as I have two weeks off for our honeymoon. As usual, I bring Joe a coffee, and he smiles pleasantly at me.

“Thank you as always, Miss Lanning.”

“You’re welcome, as always, Joe!” I wink and beam a massive smile at him.

"How was your weekend?"

"Amazing Joe. How is the little man doing?"

"He is sleeping better now. We're getting a solid four hours now, and it feels amazing."

"That must be so good. Your wife must be relieved."

"She is doing so great. I'm a lucky man to have her looking after him." He escorts me to the elevators and waves as the door closes. "Have a great day.”

“I will Joe, I will!”

I can’t keep the smile off my face as I ascend the floors in the elevator. I’m married. I got married! I’m so happy. I stroll briskly towards my office, smiling at everyone I pass. They’re looking at me weirdly because whilst I’m usually friendly, I’m not usually so chipper on a Monday morning.

Mondays are earlier starts and a meeting first up, I’m usually dreading it. I can’t help but float in on a cloud, though. Nikki’s beaming face is the first person I lock onto, though. She squeals and hugs me quickly.

“Morning boss. Beautiful day, isn’t it?”

“Simply the best, Nik. How was the rest of your weekend?” Her cheeks redden. Well, well, well. This is a surprise.

“Ah-mazing.”

“You will have to tell me all about it after the meeting. Looks like you’ve been thoroughly satisfied.”

“Much like you, boss!” she winks, and I chuckle.

“Oh, definitely. Let’s go. The quicker we get in there, the quicker this will be over.”

“Sure thing. I left everything on your desk ready to go.”

I walk into my office to put my bag away when I see a beautiful bunch of flowers in a glass vase on my desk. Picking up the card, I read the note.

Wishing my beautiful wife the best first day at work as Mrs Townsend. I know you’ll kick arse babe. I LOVE YOU! Your husband, Linc xo

I squeal in my head at how romantic Lincoln is. Like how blooming sweet is this! I mustn’t have squealed in my head, though, because Nikki is laughing at me in the doorway.

“Come on, smitten kitten. The meeting awaits.”

I can’t help the grin that spreads across my face. Grabbing my coffee and notes, I follow Nikki to the conference room. Hopefully, the meeting goes quickly because I’m flush with ideas for my upcoming events. An hour goes by, and I’m feeling my high slowly evaporate. Gosh, I hate these things. Finally, it’s time to leave, and I couldn’t be more thankful.